Home

Why Madden Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Why Madden Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Why Madden Next Gen?

Put it like this....If EA is now marketing " Living sidelines" for their next gen game whereas a previous game did the same thing in 2005 with inferior hardware, we should be very worried!

People...Go back in your time machine to the year 2000. Remember your first time watching the footage of Madden 2001 on the PS2 console at your house, local library, or at work? What was your facial reaction after seeing the amazing upgrade in graphics and fluid animation? Mine was .

Fast Forward to the Next Gen reveal for PS4/XBOX1 and my reaction to the very first gameplay footage is . Seems as if they are building off of the flawed engine we've had from 2006-2013. I still see the robotic running, magnetic tackling, and horrible throwing animations for the QB. I've seen nothing from EA that makes me think Next Gen Madden will be anything to get excited about.

The last Madden I've bought was Madden 10 when I thought they were improving. Once I saw Madden 11's back pedal from the improvements Madden 10 made, I've decided not to purchase another Madden.

I'll have to see it to believe when it comes to Next Gen Madden....
Old 09-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

If the game is the same as current gen but with better graphics,sidelines and crowds. Then it is worth the wait.

Not sure why you put the title of this thread as "why madden next gen". I doubt you can be swayed by ppl who are waiting and their reasoning. You clearly wanted to make a point of why you will not be purchasing next gen madden or why you have lost faith in madden. Which is fine to each his own.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree, it's pretty hopeless. I would welcome a more sim game but if they want to keep making the same gameplay type of game I'd be fine with that too because it can still be fun; what drives me crazy is all the bugs outside of playing football.

And all of those bugs have nothing to do with what direction "the suits" want the game to take, it's just bad qc from tiburon. For example, I got sick of schemes not working in owner mode so I retired him and switched to coach. But when I made my coach I couldn't see his face or body type. Those two things don't really affect the gameplay on the field but it's just annoying to run into bug after bug after bug after bug.....

And of course there are plenty of bugs that do affect gameplay: the wind direction, repeating draft classes, menu options staying off. It's endless; no other game I play comes close to the amount of bugs in the last two Maddens. But I did still buy them like an idiot....
Old 09-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

It comes with the bundle I ordered so hey, why not?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

OP you make good points that I agree with, but next-gen is coming, we can't do anything about it, and they claim they have learned their lesson from last gen. So we might as well have a little hope. Maybe hell will freeze over and they'll surprise us with a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
This has been covered before...
Because from what we know so far EA has been working on NG for a good while and they said they aren't making that mistake again.
So while I would hope they have learned a lesson we'll know for sure soon enough.
We've already been told it's not bare bones and will have everything currently in current gen.

There also (I believe) have been some outside people who have seen it and say it's nothing like '06 this time.
I didnt know this^.

though i prob wont get a next gen console until forced to, that's very good to hear regarding madden.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm just curious about next gen. Even though the game looked damn near identical animation and movement wise(to be fair it was pre-alpha), I still want to see what this "ignite" engine is cracked up to be.

I don't think some miracle is going to occur with next gen, but I'm just hoping the tech will make the game more enjoyable. I truly believe these dudes aren't that good at developing football games, but I believe in the hardware, so I hope it's enough to compensate for the lack of talent if that makes sense, lol. Who knows maybe the new tech will make things easier to implement and these dudes will start to shine. I just want to be immersed in football again. I'm just so sick of the horribly unauthentic animations and lazy uninspired presentation(cut scenes from madden 06, lack of true broadcast angles,celebrations in the wrong end zone!? Coaches talking with no headsets on???). I'm hoping the new tech will make these things easier so these dudes won't implement things so "half-assed". If they can solve those two things I'm halfway there. Add in advanced AI and atmosphere I'll be sold.

I still highly doubt the things Ive stated will occur, but hey you never know. The trailer certainly looked better movement wise than anything we've had this gen, if all those animations are actually in the game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #24
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm waiting for Madden next-gen reviews before I decide. Just like I did for current gen, which convinced me not to buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »