Home

Defenders running with my RB, instead of tackling him?

This is a discussion on Defenders running with my RB, instead of tackling him? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Defenders running with my RB, instead of tackling him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I play on default sliders and have made no roster edits. That stuff has nothing to do with this problem and it happens a lot. Its also very frustrating. You are running trying to collide with the ball carrier and you cant steer into him. Its like you cant move in the direction of the person running the ball.

I have also noticed you lose control of your man sometimes. Its like if the HB makes certain moves your guy runs in sync with the HB instead of where you want him to go.
Yeah what the hecks up with the running stick? I push up and for a truck move and he spins? Lol different issue entirely though. Last game mike Vick ran for 80 yards, and on jus about every play my defender would hit that barrier and almost get pushed the other way. Ridiculous
Old 09-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

"Heat Seeker" (square button) and "Ball Hawk" (Triangle) don't work. It's not triggered by user input...yeah every once in a while it says "user pick" but the reality is the AI would pick it and or perform the ball hawk move if you push the button or not. The only thing it's really doing is giving you false impression that you're actually controlling the action. The game will suck (for the most part) until they fix this....the sad thing is it's been a problem for almost 10 years now which gives em the impression EA wants it like this.

I've experienced the same problem with the defender trailing the RB as I'm mashing, holding, tapping the square button to dive and the man I'm controlling does nothing. Call it what you want, crappy coding, bad design, apathy from EA or all of the above...either way it sucks.

Last edited by misterkrabz; 09-10-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #19
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I've experienced the same problem with the defender trailing the RB as I'm mashing, holding, tapping the square button to dive and the man I'm controlling does nothing. Call it what you want, crappy coding, bad design, apathy from EA or all of the above...either way it sucks.
Really starting to ruin this game for me. Just wondering why the hell this is happening now when I never saw it in M13.

Edit: Also when user controlling a defender in pursuit of a ball carrier the game takes control of your player and changes his path. Pursuit angles of CPU players are terrible in this game and they purposely take an angle so they can trail the ball carrier. It's really weird to watch in replays and they literally run backwards instead of continuing their path when they had an angle on the ball carrier

This is the main reason so many cheezers run backwards and it's effective. B/c the game takes control of your player instead of just letting you continue your pursuit. I tried enjoying this game but I think I have to sell it or trade it in. Can't take it anymore.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

Last edited by friscob; 09-11-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

This problem is not new. It's been there since madden 11. Draw plays were terrible last year because your defensive tackles would run with the running back. It is what it is. Reporting these issues will do nothing but go unnoticed in favor of setting hot dog prices or collecting madden player cards.

Sim football is dead and buried...
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
Rookie

I have that problem as well. It seems crazy, but (since I like realism) I run into the guy so he can tackle me, or take control of my defender running next to the ball carrier to tackle him. They wouldn't run up the field with him, so why let this glitch give me unnecessary stats? But a fix is needed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

For what its worth I noticed this same issue last night playing NCAA 14, it didn't start happening until I set the difficulty to Heisman(=allmadden). So I'm wondering now if this occurs when your on All-Madden difficulty? I don't have M25 yet so if you guys can pin this issue down and fix this, that would be awesome.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #23
Rookie

Do you guys have ball hawk, heat seeker enabled? Somehow mine were enabled. I know for a fact when I firs started playing I wasn't having this issue. I haven't knowingly used it, but I wonder if it was a factor?
Old 09-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #24
Rookie

When I first started playing, I didn't have them enabled***

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »