Home

can watching real football make you a better madden player?

This is a discussion on can watching real football make you a better madden player? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
Rookie

joshuacyk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: can watching real football make you a better madden player?

Sadly no. madden is not a simulation game, its more of dice rolling. obvious example: blitzing. sending zone blitzes (cross fire zones, ncaa blitz etc) in madden dont work cos the cpu already has the matchup predetermined, so theres no confusion, just 5v5 at the los.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

To everyone that said no.

I mean seriously? I agree with the fact that the more you know about REAL football, the more "Fun" that is taken out of madden when it comes to playing the games because you realize the potential.

But to say that watching real football doesn't help you at all?

It DEFINITELY Helps on Defensive playcalling. That's just obvious...lol

Maybe the OP doesn't know why teams even call screen plays. And uses them in the wrong situation. Watching real football would help. They talk about the basics of football more during the game replays, and the reasons why they call certain plays.

My defensive alignment got MUCH better and stopping the run MUCH better, once I learned about Gap Technique.

I understand what everyone is saying. But I know for a fact that knowing REAL football helps with playing madden. IF both players STICK SKILLS are Equal.
I see it almost everyday in college...lol
Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsundance32
Playing football makes you 90x better at madden and ncaa
TOTALLY agree. Watching doesn't help a ton unless you really know what you're looking at. If you play/have played for awhile, you know alot more. I'm not the greatest defensive player at madden, but I can create whole plays out of hot routes because of knowledge from playing WR. It's all different for different people, but I did learn timing on some of the Patriots routes by watching the games and timing my drop backs with Bradys.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Can being a fantasy football champion make you a great GM?
Um.... Duh???

I won my fantasy league last year, that means I'm TOTALLY qualified to turn the Browns into a perennial contender. I mean, come on.

As far as the OP goes, watching football can kinda make you better at Madden, but since Madden isn't realistic, true to life football, nor is it anywhere close to it, it probably isn't going to have a huge impact.

But yea, I mean, you can probably pick up some rather basic concepts and figure it out. Watching real life football will probably help you figure out that DB's playing back on the receivers means probably don't streak them deep. But beyond that, probably not so much.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #21
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes. You can learn the plays and tactics that real teams use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #22
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Gap assignments/control is something every madden player should learn. It does somewhat translate to Madden - however I think most cheesers would still result to just calling a conservative defense (quarter-quarter-half, cover 4 etc.) and showing blitz.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

As a qualified armchair qb, I say maybe.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

It SHOULD but unfortunately if you are talking about being a better online or tournament player watching real football does nothing for the gamer.

going to certain bs websites to learn exploits and glitch plays can make you the best madden gamer alive.

I will call madden a true replication of football when actual knowledge of x's and o's determine the gamers level of success in the game. I pray the day is coming that exploits and extra cheese don't exist. Or I should say are few and far between because it is a game and people will ALWAYS find a way to cheat/glitch/exploit. The opportunities to do so however need to be way less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »