Home

Tips for NCAA Draft Import into Madden

This is a discussion on Tips for NCAA Draft Import into Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Tips for NCAA Draft Import into Madden

I've started tinkering with NCAA rosters to try and get the SPD and STR up for certain positions like WR, CB and DL.

I've noticed that if you leave the NCAA rosters as is, which includes maxed out OVR, you will get a noticeable drop across the board once they are imported. This leads to many's concerns of low SPD and low STR which isn't realistic and isn't consistent with Madden attributes in the core roster. So a 99 SPD college guy will have a 89 SPD in Madden.

However, if you change a player from NCAA where you keep the OVR the same but drop his Intangible ratings such as AWR and RTE for WRs for example, and inch up their Physical ratings like SPD, AGI, and ACC, the drop in their physical attributes in the import in NOT as bad. So a 99 SPD guy COULD have a 94 or 95 SPD. Granted his starting AWR will be low. Just keep in mind that Madden when importing assigns some randomness to the import. The key with changing the attributes is to minimize that randomness.

So in my Teambuilder, I made a beast HB named Boar Jackson who had a 99 SPD, 90 STR, 90 AGI, and 99 ACC. His AWR and BCV were both 80 in NCAA. When he was imported into Madden via the draft class, he consistently was projected in the 1-3 rounds and his Physical Ratings fell consistently above 90+ with several times in the 95-98 range. There were a few instances where he was projected in rounds 4-6 range. While his OVR took a hit, his Physical attributes were still 90+.

Now if you want a perfect player to be imported where their Physical and Intangible ratings are both high, the best way to accomplish that is to import over and over again the draft class until the player you want is at the top of the draft.

So the way I see it, the best of the best players (as measured by their projections after import) will have both high Physical Attributes and Intangible ratings. The farther down the draft, you will get one or the other but rarely both. Unfortunately, out of the box NCAA rosters has their ratings high for both Physical and Intangible so when imported, everything is dropped. However, if you change it where a player is better in Physical than Intangible or vice-versa while maintaining the same OVR, the import will amplify that difference. So a Physical player will still have high Physical ratings while their Intangibles will take a bigger hit. Its all relative.

So contrary to many people, the Madden isn't jacked. Its the base NCAA rosters that are. There is just little differentiation between players.

Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tips for NCAA Draft Import into Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
I've started tinkering with NCAA rosters to try and get the SPD and STR up for certain positions like WR, CB and DL.

I've noticed that if you leave the NCAA rosters as is, which includes maxed out OVR, you will get a noticeable drop across the board once they are imported. This leads to many's concerns of low SPD and low STR which isn't realistic and isn't consistent with Madden attributes in the core roster. So a 99 SPD college guy will have a 89 SPD in Madden.

However, if you change a player from NCAA where you keep the OVR the same but drop his Intangible ratings such as AWR and RTE for WRs for example, and inch up their Physical ratings like SPD, AGI, and ACC, the drop in their physical attributes in the import in NOT as bad. So a 99 SPD guy COULD have a 94 or 95 SPD. Granted his starting AWR will be low. Just keep in mind that Madden when importing assigns some randomness to the import. The key with changing the attributes is to minimize that randomness.

So in my Teambuilder, I made a beast HB named Boar Jackson who had a 99 SPD, 90 STR, 90 AGI, and 99 ACC. His AWR and BCV were both 80 in NCAA. When he was imported into Madden via the draft class, he consistently was projected in the 1-3 rounds and his Physical Ratings fell consistently above 90+ with several times in the 95-98 range. There were a few instances where he was projected in rounds 4-6 range. While his OVR took a hit, his Physical attributes were still 90+.

Now if you want a perfect player to be imported where their Physical and Intangible ratings are both high, the best way to accomplish that is to import over and over again the draft class until the player you want is at the top of the draft.

So the way I see it, the best of the best players (as measured by their projections after import) will have both high Physical Attributes and Intangible ratings. The farther down the draft, you will get one or the other but rarely both. Unfortunately, out of the box NCAA rosters has their ratings high for both Physical and Intangible so when imported, everything is dropped. However, if you change it where a player is better in Physical than Intangible or vice-versa while maintaining the same OVR, the import will amplify that difference. So a Physical player will still have high Physical ratings while their Intangibles will take a bigger hit. Its all relative.

So contrary to many people, the Madden isn't jacked. Its the base NCAA rosters that are. There is just little differentiation between players.

Hope that helps.
I think draft classes are based on averaging out positions to avoid 7 1st round qb/rs/wr etc but creating a balance. Also the projection can be random even tho the stats attributes stay the same. This creates "sleepers" and also some players with great attributes have slow development which drops their stock as well.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Apologies for the slight change in tact here but for some reason I cant start a new thread so thought this was closest to it.

I have a question on NCAA14 - Madden 25 roster/RTG imports.

on previous verions, i.e. '11, you had to have a NORTH AMERICA region Madden to import the file, is that still the same case this year?

for example, in 11, I bought a north american region NCAA (the only option as it isnt released in other regions) but bought a UK/Europe Madden - the file wouldnt import. I had to sell the UK Madden and buy a US version madden. with the two the same region it worked, even though my PS3 was not North American.

It seems a stupid EA oversight but there you go. Can anyone confirm if its the same this year?

I live in Singapore and have the US version of NCAA14 (again, only option) but dont want to buy a Asian Madden copy only to find I cant import rosters etc. Obviously its a big hassle importing a US version of madden and last time i tried ordering from a US site, they actually sent me a European region version, which was obviously no good. so before I task US relatives with buying the game and going through the hassle of shipping it over here (will take ages to arrive) I thought I woudl ask the question.

Can anyone help?

(again apologies for hijacking the thread, I dont know why I cant post new threads, I have been on here for months and years previous under a different username that I had forgotten)

thanks all

R
Old 02-10-2021, 06:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

hello.

I have also enjoyed importing draft classes in Madden 25. I have a question though. I've recently imported a draft class to madden 25 and I've scouted the number 1 QB, Casey Stevens, from NC State, who was also projected to be the number 1 pick, and he had an 89 overall rating and good passing and physical ratings, but when I scout the sense pressure and force pass traits, the force pass trait always says conservative and the sense pressure says paranoid, but I can usually spend XP fixing sense pressure. As for the force pass, I can't develop it as conservative force pass is the limit and I want it to be either ideal or any part of force pass so i can develop it to ideal. I've also imported the same draft class 2 or 3 times and while the draft position and the rating changes, the traits stay the same. Is there a way to have the QB be the number 1 pick while also have good ratings and not have a conservative force pass? I know the draft class is randomized, but I was wondering if there are ways to make sure a QB projected to be the number 1 pick have good ratings and have the traits I want, like lowering the awareness to 70 in NCAA !4 when the player is a senior.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »