Home

Where's the next gen Madden footage?

This is a discussion on Where's the next gen Madden footage? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where's the next gen Madden footage?

Some of you are either misinformed or just too negative minded about next gen madden. Do I think it's going to mid blowingly next gen(ish)? Probably not.

But it is running on an entirely different engine(Ignite) which is built exclusively for next gen systems. It's not going to be a port. People saying they haven't had enough time to make a new game are wrong. Next gen ea games have been in development for 2 years.

The limited gameplay demo showed a few months back was a bare bones tech demo, and I don't know about you guys but I saw major improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
Some of you are either misinformed or just too negative minded about next gen madden. Do I think it's going to mid blowingly next gen(ish)? Probably not.

But it is running on an entirely different engine(Ignite) which is built exclusively for next gen systems. It's not going to be a port. People saying they haven't had enough time to make a new game are wrong. Next gen ea games have been in development for 2 years.

The limited gameplay demo showed a few months back was a bare bones tech demo, and I don't know about you guys but I saw major improvements.
What major improvements did you see besides graphics, foot-planting, and over powered blocking which is also in the current gen version?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

I understand ppl having negative views and this site caters to all "fans" of the game. I just caution to all, why don't we wait and actually play the game first before we begin to judge it?

back to the topic. I think we will see a pickup in footage in mid-october. at that point the game will be 4 weeks away and it will be the perfect time to build hype. If they start building hype now it will die down by the time the consoles come out.

Regardless of the negativity on OS in regard to Madden. (I still don't understand why visit a thread of a game you hate everyday, but to each his/her own.) I am extremely excited for next gen. Over 300 new animations for OL/DL interaction, more computing calculations, graphics, hopefully EA is doing all of their homework to make the game as bug free as possible. Living Sidelines and to me the biggest Human Intelligence, if they can finally get players to act fluidly and not like generic robots that would be amazing.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
What major improvements did you see besides graphics, foot-planting, and over powered blocking which is also in the current gen version?
Well, the entire demo was only showing off those very elements, so its impossible to list a wealth of improvements such as passing, route running, pass defense, Crowd, commentary, sidelines, presentation etc.. you're question isn't possible to answer based on what we've seen so far.

So yes, with the limited demo, I will say that the footplanting and running animations are huge. And we all know this. They showed off a much better awareness among all players and thats undeniable. Even the ball carrier sheds his own blockers to remain balanced through holes, defensive players showed much better pursuit angles and breaking down to prepare for hits and tackles.

Weight distribution looked to be much improved as part of the footwork.

Obviously its an improvement graphically, and even that was only shown in a limited space, because it was so bare bones.

I get it, I know why people are skeptical and refuse to have any optimism. I can see it in your response that you have a closed mind to the entire thing. You're looking for improvements to be shown in elements of gameplay that isnt even including those elements in the demo.

I just have a little bit of optimism and a realistic expectation that it isnt going to be a watch dogs type debut, but it certainy isnt going to be a port either. It's a new game.

Last edited by DCowboys22; 09-17-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

It is a new game, with a new engine. But wasn't the Infinity Engine supposed to be ground breaking and make the game so much better? (This is partly an actual question since I just started playing Madden again last year)

They keep adding all these fancy features. I would bet that all the hardcore fans want is a good, solid football foundation, not the precision modifier. Or at least give us some bootylicious cheerleaders!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruttentud
It is a new game, with a new engine. But wasn't the Infinity Engine supposed to be ground breaking and make the game so much better? (This is partly an actual question since I just started playing Madden again last year)

They keep adding all these fancy features. I would bet that all the hardcore fans want is a good, solid football foundation, not the precision modifier. Or at least give us some bootylicious cheerleaders!
Honestly the infinity engine definitely helped the game, but the improvements there can really only go so far since it was done on the same system.The engine it was being placed into was flawed from the start of gen 3 systems.

Madden was only going to get so much better on that broken engine and on these systems. I really believe that. And of course, EA still has to market the game and try to come out with improvements.

This is their chance at a fresh start and getting things done the right way from the beginning of a new console era. So far, I think the foundation of the game is much better off. And if you look to FIFA's gameplay shown from Xbox One, you can see hints as to how Madden will look. For example the crowd in Fifa is fantastic. They react in real time to everything that happens on the field, they stand up in anticipation of a goal or a nice move as an example.

And EA stated that all the sports games are running on the Ignite engine, so you can expect a similar crowd and overall environment to FIFA which is going to be great.

If you watch the next Gen Madden tech demo, the camera angle gives off a much better view of everything including the crowd, it was empty in the demo, but if you fill those seats with the same dynamic crowd from FIFA, and suddenly the game will feel much more alive as you're playing it.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I highly recommend everyone pickup a copy of the new Game Informer magazine if you have ANY interest in next gen Madden. The article is actually about all next gen EA Sports launch titles, but it clears up a lot of things for this year and the future of next gen EA Sports games. The ignite engine is the "frostbite" of ea sports games, all ea sports games will be run off of it. They have been working on the ignite engine for two years, not the engine for Madden next gen. However, the ignite engine is what Madden 25 and future Madden's will run off of and so it's a foundation year of sorts. The senior leadership at Ea Sports is changing the way they do things and will be building their games off of long term goals and not yearly wish lists or marketing concepts in the future. There is more about this in the magazine article, but I just want people to know that according to the GI article, the way things are going to be done in the future on next gen EA Sports titles will be different, and based off of the FIFA game development plan, long term goal and build off of that each year. The execution of this is the key, but at least the direction & mindset of the leadership at EA Sports is changing and admitting the errors of current gen. Another major key for next gen EA Sports, is they will be sharing technology from title to title, so if FIFA or UFC gets some amazing new physics or presentation enhancement, you can expect to see it in Madden and the other EA Sports titles the following year, in a way that's relevant to the title. One example given in the article, is that NBA Live 14 will have the home crowd give their star player a standing ovation when they come out of the game in the 4th quarter after a huge performance. Since the tech is shared across all EA Sports titles now, Madden will have the opportunity to do that or something similar either this year or next year.

I'll let you guys read the rest of the article for yourselves, but I think the winds of change are coming for next gen EA Sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I highly recommend everyone pickup a copy of the new Game Informer magazine if you have ANY interest in next gen Madden. The article is actually about all next gen EA Sports launch titles, but it clears up a lot of things for this year and the future of next gen EA Sports games. The ignite engine is the "frostbite" of ea sports games, all ea sports games will be run off of it. They have been working on the ignite engine for two years, not the engine for Madden next gen. However, the ignite engine is what Madden 25 and future Madden's will run off of and so it's a foundation year of sorts. The senior leadership at Ea Sports is changing the way they do things and will be building their games off of long term goals and not yearly wish lists or marketing concepts in the future. There is more about this in the magazine article, but I just want people to know that according to the GI article, the way things are going to be done in the future on next gen EA Sports titles will be different, and based off of the FIFA game development plan, long term goal and build off of that each year. The execution of this is the key, but at least the direction & mindset of the leadership at EA Sports is changing and admitting the errors of current gen. Another major key for next gen EA Sports, is they will be sharing technology from title to title, so if FIFA or UFC gets some amazing new physics or presentation enhancement, you can expect to see it in Madden and the other EA Sports titles the following year, in a way that's relevant to the title. One example given in the article, is that NBA Live 14 will have the home crowd give their star player a standing ovation when they come out of the game in the 4th quarter after a huge performance. Since the tech is shared across all EA Sports titles now, Madden will have the opportunity to do that or something similar either this year or next year.

I'll let you guys read the rest of the article for yourselves, but I think the winds of change are coming for next gen EA Sports titles.

If they gat a chance, try to get the digital copy from iTunes. It is of better quality and I think there are more pictures.

Last edited by Brooke2011; 09-17-2013 at 12:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »