Home

Auto Subs Please Go Away

This is a discussion on Auto Subs Please Go Away within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Auto Subs Please Go Away

If only you could save sub packages in gameplan so you don't have to rush to change things every time you go back to that formation.

Having different packages for different situations would make the game much more cerebral, closer to the chess match style of the real NFL.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

I honestly don't think auto subs have ever worked this generation.

I've shelved madden yet agin for the 6 the year in a row waiting on a patch announcement. But I honestly think I won't touch it agin til it gets traded when the new consoles hit.

It's just SO TIRED....
Old 09-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Rookie

Jay62107's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Don't see how formation subs could work for defense.
For me it would work because I only play with the bengals and I try to play the same defense that they do IRL. On nickel formations I always have to sub Harrison and Maualuga out. Then I have to sub Maualuga in at Harrison's spot then put Burfict in at Maualuga's spot. Leon hall is the LCB IRL so I have him as my 2nd CB but in nickel formations he plays the nickel corner and pacman goes to the LCB' so that's 2 more subs that I have to do in game every single game. Burfict is the Bengals best cover LB IRL so I also have to sub him in for MLb in dime formations. On long passing down I always sub in Harrison or Hubt in at NT for more pass rush than Peko. So imagine having to do all of this every single game against CPU then imagine having to do it against a human player for every nickel and dime formation. We absolutely need formation subs if you and the very few people don't think it's needed then you have the option not to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay62107
For me it would work because I only play with the bengals and I try to play the same defense that they do IRL. On nickel formations I always have to sub Harrison and Maualuga out. Then I have to sub Maualuga in at Harrison's spot then put Burfict in at Maualuga's spot. Leon hall is the LCB IRL so I have him as my 2nd CB but in nickel formations he plays the nickel corner and pacman goes to the LCB' so that's 2 more subs that I have to do in game every single game. Burfict is the Bengals best cover LB IRL so I also have to sub him in for MLb in dime formations. On long passing down I always sub in Harrison or Hubt in at NT for more pass rush than Peko. So imagine having to do all of this every single game against CPU then imagine having to do it against a human player for every nickel and dime formation. We absolutely need formation subs if you and the very few people don't think it's needed then you have the option not to use it.
I understand all of this and think formation subs should be in the game.. Just don't see why auto subs have to go away. If they're gone then when players get fatigued it seems like it would be a big problem subbing out just a few guys from say my base 3-4 formation w/out having to overhaul the entire personnel package

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
Banned

I just wish they would let you have better audible and substitution choices all around
Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
I understand all of this and think formation subs should be in the game.. Just don't see why auto subs have to go away. If they're gone then when players get fatigued it seems like it would be a big problem subbing out just a few guys from say my base 3-4 formation w/out having to overhaul the entire personnel package
I guess I shouldn't have made my post so black and white. I didn't literally mean to eliminate auto-subs just that they suck and don't work well. Formation subs give you much more control of your strategy and are more true to what happens in real life. Also, the fact that they used to be in the game and are in NCAA boggles my mind but I guess it really shouldn't anymore.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

How about auto subs that actually function and formation subs. Don't see this being that hard to implement but for some reason still hasn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
Rookie

This is incredibly annoying and I hope it gets fixed sometime soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »