Home

Owner mode is pointless.

This is a discussion on Owner mode is pointless. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Owner mode is pointless.

Another thing that bothers me.. Say for instance Sam Bradford wins nfl player of the year.. Why doesn't his value increase on jersey sales... It always stays at the same 79
Old 09-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

I just dont understand why NCAA and Madden are so different on some aspects like create a team and playstyle. They should be able to copy each other.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
Different things are interesting for different people. This guy wants to BUILD a stadium not BUY a stadium. That's not a crazy expectation based on how things worked in the past.
It would be nice if they had some existing stadiums as well. EA has the rights to the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl, why can't I move a team there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
Rookie

I find it pointless *** well. When I heard that this was the big change I was less than thrilled. In years prior we had this exact same mode and I got bored with it rather quickly. I for one do not care about setting the price of tickets and parking.

Then I got the game and I had a lot of really cool ideas on creating my own Madden universe. I was going to move the Rams and Raiders back to Oakland. I wanted to bring back the Oilers. I wanted to move Buffalo to Toronto and another team to London to make the NFL a global sport. Sadly relocation was either rushed or done very lazy. No customization whatsoever. Its one thing to only give us a handful of nicknames and logos to choose from, but forcing their awful uniforms down our throat was a big deal for me. Some of the color schemes dont even match the logo! And when you move a team but keep the logo, the old city they played in still rears its ugly head from time to time.

Then there is the multitude of other bugs and glitches that we are still waiting for a patch on. Repeating draft class is so inexcusable. That bug pretty much confirms that release date buyers are beta testers.

I have already set a reminder on google calender for August. "Dont get sucked into the Madden hype. Wait. It will be at least a month before the game gets patched and you can play. So just wait."
Old 09-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
No offensive and defensive coords either
That will be featured in the next Madden and they will say it's a new feature even though they had that previously, but taken out just like the owner mode.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #14
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
That will be featured in the next Madden and they will say it's a new feature even though they had that previously, but taken out just like the owner mode.
This is about as accurate as when people suggest any year is just a roster update or nothing changed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This is about as accurate as when people suggest any year is just a roster update or nothing changed.

I think its more accurate than that. They said that Owner mode was "new" this year and it is mostly not new. Same ideas with a new coat of paint. I would argue that previous incarnations of owner mode were much deeper. When you relocated you had more logo choices, custom uniforms, actual stadium creation.

While I agree that every year of Madden is not just a roster update, I do think Madden has not been innovative in terms of game modes like franchise/connected careers. I actually really liked Madden 13 once the patches came out. It was a great break from what was starting to feel like the same franchise mode year in and year out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

They claim in their advertisement "All new Owner Mode". How is it all new when it was previously in Madden games? They took it out to add features on Madden nobody wanted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »