Home

EA's Next Gen Marketing Plan : EAmnesia

This is a discussion on EA's Next Gen Marketing Plan : EAmnesia within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: EA's Next Gen Marketing Plan : EAmnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I see a high number of bans on the way...

Constructive Criticism
We allow all opinions on Operation Sports. But if you want to be negative, it needs to be constructive. Bashing a game developer is not constructive at all, for any reason. Bashing a game period is not constructive. Whining/complaining/acting like a middle schooler is not constructive. If you want to be constructive, say what is wrong with the game specifically. Any negativity that is not constructive will not be tolerated.

Yes people are upset but some of these posts but if you thought that we were going to get a completely different game you probably had highly unrealistic expectations.
That EA themselves placed that high.

Don't be so dense...
Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #26
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I see a high number of bans on the way...

Constructive Criticism
We allow all opinions on Operation Sports. But if you want to be negative, it needs to be constructive. Bashing a game developer is not constructive at all, for any reason. Bashing a game period is not constructive. Whining/complaining/acting like a middle schooler is not constructive. If you want to be constructive, say what is wrong with the game specifically. Any negativity that is not constructive will not be tolerated.

Yes people are upset but some of these posts but if you thought that we were going to get a completely different game you probably had highly unrealistic expectations.
I think well get a pass on this one bruh, its not like anybody threatened them.. its just "Criticism. ..
Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #27
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
That EA themselves placed that high.

Don't be so dense...
We've seen one video that didn't look that good, there was just talk about concern over lack of news. There has been no hype for this game at all. None. EA hasn't placed any expectations.

The game doesn't look great but I didn't expect it to. I think the wait really increased expectations. People must have thought if it was going to be the same game they could show videos a month ago, so the silence was building anticipation, but I don't think they lied.

The two things Josh Looman mentioned in his E3 presser was Better line play and foot planting and I don't see anything in that video that shows that he lied about those.

And yes a ban is obviously over the top but one guy spamming 3 different threads at a time isn't needed either.

Last edited by drewst18; 09-30-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
We've seen one video that didn't look that good, there was just talk about concern over lack of news. There has been no hype for this game at all. None. EA hasn't placed any expectations.

The game doesn't look great but I didn't expect it to. I think the wait really increased expectations. People must have thought if it was going to be the same game they could show videos a month ago, so the silence was building anticipation, but I don't think they lied.

The two things Josh Looman mentioned in his E3 presser was Better line play and foot planting and I don't see anything in that video that shows that he lied about those.
How about every one of EA Sports Ignite's Bullet Points?

I see a midget stiff arming a 300 pound man.
The 3D fans look like NHL 13 Current Gen.
The camera men are not "living".

There is plenty to criticize but its pointless to point the figure at the failure. Its more important to address the root of the problem, and that is this is EA's technique. It has worked in the past and it will work until there is some kind of pressure for another company to make a game (which they made illegal, but maybe not for long) or the threat of them losing sales (significant).

Quote:
And yes a ban is obviously over the top but one guy spamming 3 different threads at a time isn't needed either.
The only thing that I posted in the other threads was that this is in fact next gen gameplay. That isn't spam, its the truth.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #29
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
How about every one of EA Sports Ignite's Bullet Points?

I see a midget stiff arming a 300 pound man.
The 3D fans look like NHL 13 Current Gen.
The camera men are not "living".

There is plenty to criticize but its pointless to point the figure at the failure. Its more important to address the root of the problem, and that is this is EA's technique. It has worked in the past and it will work until there is some kind of pressure for another company to make a game (which they made illegal, but maybe not for long) or the threat of them losing sales (significant).
I agree and disagree.

I think in all the nextgen hype people forgot what previous launches were like. If I remember correctly the last 2 launches the previous gen title was better. If not better the games were virtually the even. It takes time.

That being said youre probably right time is needed but I don't know if EA is going to make proper use of it.

Maybe I am in the minority I just think that its impossible to make any real dent in sales enough to make a difference. Its to the point where its youre on board or youre not and just go year by year and hope one day they put out a game that youre happy with
Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #30
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

time to close this out, just like people were trying to say, this was NOT next gen
Old 09-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #31
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I rest my case. #vindicated
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
So the fact that the lighting is completely different, the turf is completely different and there are more camera men on the sidelines doesn't mean anything?

Or that EA themselves retweeted the tweet about it being next gen?
Quote:
I am actually not even being negative. I praised EA for being successful, just explained how they market Madden. Its factual so its not even really an opinion.
Quote:
I hope that everyone understands that I hope I am wrong. Trust me. I want Madden to look a lot better but more importantly play better.

Unfortunately, its fairly obvious that I'm not.
It;s fairly obvious you were.

And you have violated this portion of the TOS.

Quote:
Rumors/Hearsay/Agendas/"If you don't know the answer, shut up"
If someone posts a question, and you don't know the answer, don't reply. Don't post some rumor you heard somewhere. If you don't know a fact, you don't post. Period. Any spreading of rumors/hearsay/agendas will be dealt with immediately.

I'm closing this. Don't pull crap like this again.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »