Home

PS4 Madden Ported From XBOX1?

This is a discussion on PS4 Madden Ported From XBOX1? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
PS4 Madden Ported From XBOX1?

We all know that this generations Madden was originally made for the Xbox360 and then ported over to the PS3 which hurt the graphics on the ps3 version in many aspects. With the next generation consoles coming out soon I was wondering if this is going to be the same case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

jjazwick's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PS4 Madden Ported From XBOX1?

I don't know if that is true, but EA now changed the pics of the game info page for PS4. Makes me wonder if they are struggling to give us what was presented at E3! I was so excited in June and now wondering if they will not deliver and be the same BS???

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-25/ps4

Jazz
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I won't go into why the OP has an incorrect premise, but the two games are going to be near-identical. Most 3rd party games will be. Won't make a difference.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I actually think since XBOX One uses Blu-Ray now it should be easier or maybe less damaging to game quality to port (if they even do that) games...

I hope
Old 09-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
We all know that this generations Madden was originally made for the Xbox360 and then ported over to the PS3 which hurt the graphics on the ps3 version in many aspects. With the next generation consoles coming out soon I was wondering if this is going to be the same case?
I own both this gen and I always buy for the 360. From what I understand the developers found the 360 easier to design for. I've been trying to find out which next gen console the developers are favoring. It seems next gen is a toss up. I'm not pre ordering until I get a definite feel for the games I'm planning on spending a lot of time with (nba2k) . I don't know if they are being politicaly correct or its really that close. We may have to wait until they are here to know for sure, maybe even a few dev cycles before its clear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't think that's going down this time around. Usually you would always seen games marketed using Xbox, now I'm seeing PS4. Take 2k14 for example. All of their footage has been PS4. You could never say that about the PS3.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
I actually think since XBOX One uses Blu-Ray now it should be easier or maybe less damaging to game quality to port (if they even do that) games...

I hope
I will be easier to port because the two consoles are so similar (CPU architecture especially), but what you said does not make any sense from a technical standpoint.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Games were designed for 360 and ported to PS3 because the 360 was out a year before PS3. Both release the same time so more than likely they are directly ported from PC to each system since they are so close in architecture. PS4 games may run better but who knows.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »