Home

Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

This is a discussion on Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #73
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I think that is part of it... but there is another part... and I'm probably going to get killed for this but what ever...

Does EA still use NFL Football Players for their mo-cap? I mean SCEA and other studios would always use current and past NFL players for their motion capturing.

I don't know... sometimes I think for the little things that make football realistic, I swear it seems like they mo-cap themselves here and there.

I remember (last year was it?) behind the scene footage and they had what looked like workers running around doing stuff with the mo-cap balls on.

again, I'll get killed for this... but it just seems like for little things like QB drop backs and animations....or even interactions and celebrations...its like its not Football players doing those.

I think one way we can find out if they still do use NFL past and present players...is in the Manual... usually in the back pages credits, coaches and players are listed for their contribution.

Why would you get killed for this? I 100 percent agree with you. I don't think they bring in real players to mocap. I remember they couldn't even get Ray Lewis in to do his dance that one year, they had to have someone else do it. I can understand players not mocapping tackles, but at least bring them in for running, throwing, defensive man coverage, and Qb drop backs. The Madden team is just lazy, they rather capture a few generic animations so they can hurry up and work on back of box gimmicks.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #74
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Yes, I remember Ian Cummings asking on here before Madden 10, whether people would prefer longer animations that look more natural and realistic, or shorter animations that give more control but look less realistic. I believe everyone took the stance that they wanted more user control.
If everyone wanted shorter animations with more control then NBA Live would still be the number basketball game. The number one reason people chose Nba 2k over Live was because the game moved more realistic. I would think the Madden team would have looked at what made Nba 2k successful and said screw what the fans are saying about more control, looks like they really want more realistic movement.
Either the Madden engine isn't made to do smooth realistic movements or since they have no competition they refuse to put in the work to change it. So I don't buy that lame excuse that the fans chose, when have they ever listened to their fans.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 10-01-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #75
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

http://youtu.be/WDSGCejJomw

Found this on YouTube showing off "Next Gen" line play. Looks like same old stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 28

I understand what you all are saying, but if you listened to that interview with Ian Cummings on the podcast, you will realize that madden is never going to be a simulation. There would be a meltdown in the madden community of epic proportions if the player movement was slowed down to a semi-human speed and if things like illegal contact and pass interference were ever called. Guys would go ballistic when ever pass isn't right on target or their 90 MCV corner didn't warp in front of every route.

The madden community is LOADED with "Madden" players, not necessarily enthusiasts. In one of my online leagues, there is a guy who is amazingly good at Madden, but he doesn't even follow real football. Madden is a competitive head to head game that is based on the NFL, and that is EXACTLY what EA wants it to be. It is never going to change, it is never going to be a sim, and we aren't getting a realistic football game for the rest of our lives. These same conversations go on every year at the same times and simply regurgitate the same talk. Copy and past the last 8 years. It's not going to happen.

Madden will always be "madden" - football is something else.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #77
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

I know that Dolphins/Saints video had encoding issues, but if the final version game play is anything like that, I am going to be laughing my tail off as I spend my money elsewhere. Then later I will have a moment of silence for the state of video game football.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #78
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I understand what you all are saying, but if you listened to that interview with Ian Cummings on the podcast, you will realize that madden is never going to be a simulation. There would be a meltdown in the madden community of epic proportions if the player movement was slowed down to a semi-human speed and if things like illegal contact and pass interference were ever called. Guys would go ballistic when ever pass isn't right on target or their 90 MCV corner didn't warp in front of every route.

The madden community is LOADED with "Madden" players, not necessarily enthusiasts. In one of my online leagues, there is a guy who is amazingly good at Madden, but he doesn't even follow real football. Madden is a competitive head to head game that is based on the NFL, and that is EXACTLY what EA wants it to be. It is never going to change, it is never going to be a sim, and we aren't getting a realistic football game for the rest of our lives. These same conversations go on every year at the same times and simply regurgitate the same talk. Copy and past the last 8 years. It's not going to happen.

Madden will always be "madden" - football is something else.
The bold is the only part I take issue with, at least until March because I'm still holding out hope about the exclusive ending. Not trying to take the thread to that topic or suggesting another game comes along immediately, just saying after seeing these videos and some other things that have taken place with EA Sports recently, March 2014 is the next date on my checklist, at this point.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 8

Wait, what, that espn gameplay video is supposed to be next gen? oh lawd, EA.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #80
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

I had faith in EA, but after watching that Dolphins-Saints Gameplay, I canceled my pre-order. It's a damn shame what the Madden Franchise has become

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »