Home

Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

This is a discussion on Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #33
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
...................but if 2k had the NFL license they'd be making the perfect football game. because allpro 2k8 was better than madden 13. nba2k showed us 5 seconds of pure greatness even though paul gasol looked black in a still shot we know they'll get it fixed. EA hasn't improved their game play in 10 years....

Swag don't waste your time. 2k is the White Knight to many posters on this board. Regardless of the fact that NBA 2k has numerous bugs and glitches every year as well as NFL 2k. Ppl always will gravitate back to their preference and hold animosity against the company who took away their "right" as american to choose their annual football game. Another poster said it best, why try to convince anyone to like or dislike the videos or pictures posted. just say what you like or dont like and ignore the hate or admiration.

On the OP:
I don't know what to think honestly. The video of dolphins v. saints was disappointing. The trailer was amazing. Ppl are saying that without a doubt it's next gen. Some ppl are saying it wasn't. Only time will tell. regardless it will not effect my pre-order.
well what 2k having the license would bring to the table is competitiveness , both companies would try their best , if you played NBA games from around 2005 you would know this , nba live was trashy on ps2 and xbox after 2005 and 2k stepped their game up and until 08 i think they had amazing games , then ea sports stepped up their game and had a few good games on current gen, after ea stopped making nba games look what happened to 2k, as you mentioned it has bugs and glitches which are not fixed for 2-3 years , do you think that would happen if they had a good competitor ? Same goes for madden and ea , if 2k would be breathing behind their neck every year , madden would be a lot better and a bonus to that we would have choice from 2 games instead of 1.

Last edited by lisinas; 10-01-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
well what 2k having the license would bring to the table is competitiveness , both companies would try their best , if you played NBA games from around 2005 you would know this , nba live was trashy on ps2 and xbox after 2005 and 2k stepped their game up and until 08 i think they had amazing games , then ea sports stepped up their game and had a few good games on current gen, after ea stopped making nba games look what happened to 2k, as you mentioned it has bugs and glitches which are not fixed for 2-3 years , do you think that would happen if they had a good competitor ? Same goes for madden and ea , if 2k would be breathing behind their neck every year , madden would be a lot better and a bonus to that we would have choice from 2 games instead of 1.
I played all those games and I agree with you. I'm not saying what happened is fair. But making 100 threads bashing madden and EA isn't going to solve that problem. Now I know this thread is to compare the videos we saw yesterday and try to make sense of it all. But we barely get 2 pages in before it's "EA sucks, same stuff every year, i'll never buy this game again, how can anyone like that".

I just wish someone from EA would come out and confirm or deny if that MNF clip was next gen or not.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #35
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2

This is all just beating a dead horse, it is what it is. I and everyone else will have to let our voices be heard loud and clear by boycotting EA or at least Madden. The thing is now that we have seen Madden I have 0 confidence in NBA Live now. Is everything they have shown about Live really the game? who knows? once again you never know with EA because their idea of "actual gameplay" obviously includes cgi footage that will in no shape or form be the final product on the shelves. I am personally making sure to make my voice heard by not purchasing Madden or Live because of the marketing tactics and perpetual hype machine that is less than honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I played all those games and I agree with you. I'm not saying what happened is fair. But making 100 threads bashing madden and EA isn't going to solve that problem. Now I know this thread is to compare the videos we saw yesterday and try to make sense of it all. But we barely get 2 pages in before it's "EA sucks, same stuff every year, i'll never buy this game again, how can anyone like that".

I just wish someone from EA would come out and confirm or deny if that MNF clip was next gen or not.
It was next gen my dude. Too many elements point to it being next gen.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #37
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

Quote:

Dude, the MNF video IS in fact Madden next gen! It is and will be the game you pop in your new console! Its just going to boil down to whether or not you want to fund a company that runs its business this way and could care less about the gamer because they are the only game in town for football.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #38
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

We all have to fund a corrupt government because they will throw us in jail if we don't, but by god we don't have to fund a corrupt video game company. Lets all hope that abysmal sales will put EA out of business eventually or they will lose the exclusive license. I know that there are companies out there that could and would be chomping at the bit to make a decent college and NFL football game.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloJello
No one should have to "accept" that a game company:

A) Purchases the NFL License exclusivity, eliminating choice and competition within the marketplace. (It was a sale, not an auction. The NFL financial advisors knew which company had the money to walk away with the rights. It was an "auction" to try and stay face. Nothing more.)

B) Continually puts out a product with minimal effort from year to year.

C) Removes features every few years, only to add them back in later down the line as new.

D) Refuses to fix legacy issues. (No WR/DB interactions, no halftime or post-game show, sliding, warping, horrid animations, glitches, etc etc etc)

E) Touts their game every year as being more real and true to the NFL than the year before, when 2K5 and APF 2K8 still offers a better gameplay and presentation engine.

No, I'm not going to settle or accept these truths. To make something better, it needs to be challenged. If not by another competitor in the marketplace, then by us - the consumers. Calling a spade a spade and challenging the status quo is the only option we have left to improve this franchise.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!
here we go...another..."My complaints are gonna change the gaming landscape rant"...LOL...when will you guys ever learn
Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #40
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
They don't even remotely look the same. The running animations are different. The E3 demo reel shows Peterson turning sideways to go through a hole. Madden has never had that and no way could that have been just a higher resolution of the current gen engine. Sorry but that just doesn't fly. I'm not saying they did or did not say that, but if they did then that's just straight up false.
All I'm saying was that I was told that the E3 demo was running the current gen engine on a PC with a couple of new animations. They said they planned to have more. That's all I'm saying. Whether you believe them or not, is up to you. But I don't really don't consider that E3 video to be relevant based on what I was told.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »