Home

Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Twitter Q&A w/ Art Director Jean Adams & Producer Seann Graddy

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Twitter Q&A w/ Art Director Jean Adams & Producer Seann Graddy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #137
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: Twitter Chat w/ Art Director Jean Adams and Producer Seann Graddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As far as the mods, it does help them out. They don't go through every thread and on page 28 of a 56 page thread someone calls someone out.

I understand what you are saying, when you say that while CG might not visit OS... all communities are still heard, it's still shallow outcome to make us "OS" feel that our opinion is not always heard.

I can't tell how frustrating it is that I've been asking for several years regarding penalties being called correctly and it feels like it's fallen on deaf ears, year after year. And I'm not the lone ranger in that category.

Thanks for being honest, Kevin, as I'm trying to be honest, too.

One of the most frustrating things as a OS poster for me, is when a GCer is here and asking for questions, we never see them again. They take our questions and we never hear from them again.

Wouldn't you agree it would foster a better relationship between the GCer community and a place like OS if the GCer came back and said, thanks for all your questions and feedback, they've been presented to the developers and I'll keep you informed to what happens.

It's the constant in and out with different GCers and this year only you have ventured in here, and I thank you for that.

Where is the continuity and the feedback?

If you take anything back to the GCers, please take back that paragraph above. I don't think there is anything worse than taking questions and not providing feedback to the audience at a later date.

Customer service should be supreme.

Thanks again for listening.
roadman - Great points. I think what you are talking about is bigger than just the EA SPORTS Game Changer group.

I always try to remind myself that EA SPORTS is really the only company that has a community program. They pioneered a program like this in the early 2000's and our group is now 50+ strong. Just know that we all try our best to represent as many opinions as possible when we travel down to the studio.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #138
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
When your trying to replicate a sport you must have the basic rules to the game. They have been missing/broken in Madden this entire generation and NOTHING has been done to fix that because its been the same thing year in and year out. They have had all this time to fix it and did nothing. You cant talk about priorities taking over decisions when you dont have the basic rules of the sport in the game. What could possibly be higher on the priority list than that ? Sure its easier to add hand towels but they have had more than enough time to fix penalties and the challenge system.
Ding ding ding...

We are playing an NFL game with NO RULES and wonder why it isn't realistic.. lol. You can't watch an NFL game these days without getting annoyed by the number of penalties and they add ALOT to the game. Defensive holding and PI are some of the biggest plays in football that extend drives and change games and they never happen in madden, one isn't even in the game. You could slow the momentum of the WR every time and they would never call PI unless you hit stick him. My friend loves to bump me on deep balls to slow me down because he KNOWS they won't call it. Offensive pass interference is huge for physical WRs, I know I watch Roddy White and Julio do it every single game. Defenseless receiver and QB hit rules have CHANGED THE GAME and they are not in Madden. If we want the game to play realistically penalties MUST work properly...
Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #139
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
When your trying to replicate a sport you must have the basic rules to the game. They have been missing/broken in Madden this entire generation and NOTHING has been done to fix that because its been the same thing year in and year out. They have had all this time to fix it and did nothing. You cant talk about priorities taking over decisions when you dont have the basic rules of the sport in the game. What could possibly be higher on the priority list than that ? Sure its easier to add hand towels but they have had more than enough time to fix penalties and the challenge system.
To be fair they have made strides in some significant areas. The problem is that such a monumental mistake was made at the beginning of this generation they have not been able to recover from it and spent the time fixing the problems they created rather than moving forward with the solid foundation they had (which is a shame because the Madden right before the current gen malfunction was the best ever). But the infinity is a solid start that needs some work but is headed in the right direction. The line play this year was a huge improvement in the right direction but still needs work. Connected careers is a good idea headed in the right direction but needs a lot of work.

They are putting things in but everyone needs to keep in mind how this gen started. I'm willing to give them a pass on the entire generation since they had to dig themselves out of a hole. But that grace period is rapidly ending moving into a new gen and watching the strides other sports games are making. They've had years to make up for their mistake now its time to execute. With gameplay sharing on the PS4 and Xbox the visibility this year is going to be huge and could go one of two ways.

I personally would love them to go the way of Konami with PES and revolutionize the game as I think this is what it is going to take to fix a majority of the legacy issues quickly, but realistically until the sales hit a certain falloff there is no reason to do that. It does appear that we may be getting close to that time if next gen doesn't show a huge win for Madden.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 10-03-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #140
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

And people can get as upset as they want about it but we almost could guarantee that if 2K was making a a football game AT LEAST the accessories would be on point, the attention to detail in nba 2k is impressive.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #141
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Does anyone know when they will release the next batch of info? It would be great if they released something every week leading up to release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #142
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Twitter Q&A w/ Art Director Jean Adams & Producer Seann Gr

I'm sick of all this it can't all be fixed or done in a year excuse. It's been 9 years and a lot of this stuff has been missing, broken, or ignored for all 9...
Old 10-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #143
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Does anyone know when they will release the next batch of info? It would be great if they released something every week leading up to release.
It's looking like we'll get it over the next 4 weeks with True Step Locomotion the next feature
Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #144
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Should be getting another ESPN video Monday, going to be interesting to see what it looks like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »