Home

New Madden next gen interview

This is a discussion on New Madden next gen interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
New Madden next gen interview

Interview with art director

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/10/03/ma...-presentation/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: New Madden next gen interview

BM: How many different player models were used to differentiate body types?

JA: We have an infinite amount of player body types. We use a blend system that allows us to create any body type in the NFL.

This was the biggest question for me. I need to see some more images. Hopefully we don't get LB's looking like sloppy DT's, just better proportionate looking models. No more muffin tops. Looking at the E3's vids, Lynch, RGIII, Peterson, and Willis all had pretty good builds.

However the stuff we've been seeing recently doesn't look like what we saw at E3 so I don't know what to go off of. Maybe someone at EA can clear this up for me.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

"BM: When gamers get their first look at Madden 25 gameplay on next-gen, what do you think their initial reaction will be?

JA: I think they will be amazed by the lighting and crowds. The crowds will immerse them into the NFL atmosphere and the lighting will blow them away."

Hmm, when asked about gameplay, Jean talks about how great the game will look...graphics are great, but I want to notice how great the game plays. It's like a hot girl with no personality, it's a waste of a beautiful thing.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

He kinda dodges the day to night lighting question, my guess is its just moving shadows again.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
"BM: When gamers get their first look at Madden 25 gameplay on next-gen, what do you think their initial reaction will be?

JA: I think they will be amazed by the lighting and crowds. The crowds will immerse them into the NFL atmosphere and the lighting will blow them away."

Hmm, when asked about gameplay, Jean talks about how great the game will look...graphics are great, but I want to notice how great the game plays. It's like a hot girl with no personality, it's a waste of a beautiful thing.
Wow. Talk about red flags. Its almost comical how he dodhed that question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I rxprct the sidelines to be mote detsiled than APF2k8. I mean uf you cant do something so simple bettrr then a game that was made so long ago...n lord help ya.

Its concerning that he didnt mention anything about actual players being in the sidekine all he talked aboit was the coach.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
Banned

Guys...he's the art director...Do you really expect him to talk about gameplay?..Thats not his expertise or concern...His specific task is how the game looks. Now maybe he should have clarified his answer by making it clear that he's not a gameplay guy but I'm not alarmed at all that when asked about gameplay he focuses on his area of expertise which is art and visuals.

You conspiracy theorists kill me
Old 10-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
"BM: It's like a hot girl with no personality, it's a waste of a beautiful thing.

Or it could be a blessing in diguise depending on your intentions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »