Home

(Press Row Hangout) Next Gen Madden Impressions

This is a discussion on (Press Row Hangout) Next Gen Madden Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: (Press Row Hangout) Next Gen Madden Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Well when the gameplay and graphics are basically the same you would want to maybe change that stuff so people actually feel like they are playing a different game.
That makes more sense. But at the same time, those weren't really bad to begin with. But I understand what you're saying here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
No, that's not nit-picking because that's actually presentation. That's why I want to know why they came out with a "presentation" trailer and said nothing about the actual presentation, which apparently stayed exactly the same.
I don't know of any game (or any product, for that matter) that advertises a new iteration of a product with something that hasn't changed, unless it is a tried and true, core feature.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I like this dude's assessment. He kept it real. With that said it is highly disappointing that they did not go real time with the presentation. That's just pathetic in this day and age IF this is true. I think this game will be a higher res version of Madden 25 current gen. It stings a little, but it is expected with Tiburon. I thought they'd do more, but ehh what can you do. Still gotta see the game for myself, but it doesn't sound like I'll be picking this up at launch.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

All the next gen threads/vids/ etc are a huge letdown.

This is next gen. We shouldn't be able to tell if it's a real game or a video game. (Right now, The Show accomplishes this on current gen!)

I've pretty much given in to the fact Madden won't be what we want it to be, at least not now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I suggest anyone that cares, to actually listen to what Grisham states about Madden for yourself. It becomes pretty evident, at least for me, in the context with that MNF ESPN video that EA Tiburon is again using marketing to over hype something that will under deliver. PastePadre asks a good question about how much "improvement" being touted for next-gen M25 could have actually been done already on the current consoles.

All that said, I still have this desire or compulsion to find something to hold on to the hope that all is not lost, in regard to Madden. The obvious focal point for that will be the fact that at least next-gen M25 isn't bare bones like M06 360 was and is on par feature wise with M25 current gen, along with some upgrades. Also the parallel will be made and has been, between NBA2k porting into 360/PS2, giving them a solid foundation to make a much better product years later. While that seems like a reasonable premise to give EA Tiburon and Madden the benefit of the doubt until Madden 15 or even Madden 16, I'm not falling for the banana in the tail pipe, again.

There is nothing substantial in playing M25 current gen or yet touted in next gen M25 that speaks to their being any fundamental change to the video game world approach for this game. They chose to kick off the power of the next gen consoles again on visual fidelity and label that "presentation", instead of on something like authentic network broadcast to add realism. Think about it people, Madden 25 is launching on the Xbox1/PS4 with effing cut scenes, while other sports games have been doing real time presentation for years on the current consoles.

Don't let EA Tiburon appeal to your better angels of optimism and benefit of the doubt, the priorities for making this video game clearly have not changed, it's still about making a video game based on NFL football, not about trying to deliver a NFL experience in a video game.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

EA tiburon should go into the wine business because .............they make a hell of a " Port"
Old 10-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

But then I'm reminded of 06, and how many folks said at that time, if all EA did was port the PS2/XBOX version, it would've been better.

Seems that's what they're doing here, yet we're disappointed.

Lol, I'm so confused....
Old 10-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude

Lol, I'm so confused....
It's the internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
But then I'm reminded of 06, and how many folks said at that time, if all EA did was port the PS2/XBOX version, it would've been better.

Lol, I'm so confused....
This is an entirely different beast. With the power of these new consoles, we expected thing to be improved exponentially, not just a port. Especially with the continuing legacy issues we've experienced this gen, it's inexcusable what they're doing with next gen.

At this point, the only reason i'll have this game is because it comes with my PS4 bundle. I can honestly say i'll play it a few times than sell it.

Try again next year EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »