Home

does this every bother anybody else

This is a discussion on does this every bother anybody else within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: does this every bother anybody else

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Nope, not just you. Players seem to disappear. Part of the EA magic. I noticed Matthew Stafford has vanished from my CFM (not sure what other players, but I have seen this bug on other threads here).
Yeah but i wonder if its random or consistent . I mean if i had Vick disappearing once after 1st season will he disappear next time i play one season with some team or its a toss up ? Cause if its random its still playable , if its consistent now thats really bad .
Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
Im i the only one that has this glitch where Vick disappears into thin air after first season ? I mean i played as eagles , finished my season , vick's contract is running out i give him new one he accepts it , i start my season he is not on the roster, he didnt retire .I Wonder if its just random glitch or does it always happen after first season ? Has anyone seen him in 2nd or 3rd seasons ? That really bothers me as im huge fan of him and i mainly started CFM with Eagles because of him, now that he is gone after year one i dont see a point in playing with Eagles past 1st season or rather play with them at all as i didnt find that one season was enough for me. Just wondering
I believe he is one of the ones who disappears because the few times I have played the eagles after yr one vick wasen't even on the eagles roster.. the starting qb has been Christopher Krieder and Ponder has been his back up.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: does this every bother anybody else

Only if my expectation was that Madden would mimic real life or had some method of live roster checks to see what the real NFL is doing. Which it doesn't and it never has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Only if my expectation was that Madden would mimic real life or had some method of live roster checks to see what the real NFL is doing. Which it doesn't and it never has.
Because it'd never work. Everyone plays the game at a different pace, etc. it'd just never work.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #13
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: does this every bother anybody else

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Because it'd never work. Everyone plays the game at a different pace, etc. it'd just never work.
Could be an on/off feature when you start the CFM. However, this would eliminate the ability to trade, sign FA's, or draft. It would also limit you to playing on pace with the real NFL. Might make a nice season mode feature(Not that that exists anymore, mind you) as it could start with opening week rosters and make the necessary moves from week to week as they really happened even if you started in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Could be an on/off feature when you start the CFM. However, this would eliminate the ability to trade, sign FA's, or draft. It would also limit you to playing on pace with the real NFL. Might make a nice season mode feature(Not that that exists anymore, mind you) as it could start with opening week rosters and make the necessary moves from week to week as they really happened even if you started in April.
Wasnt there such a thing in one of the latest nba live games ?
Old 10-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

Playing on pace with the season would be an interesting aspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Vick disappeared for me too. Romo, P.Manning, Brady, and Brees, all retired after year 2. Alex smith of the chiefs called it quits after year 3 in kc for some reason. but for some reason Randy moss was in the free agent pool 4 seasons. Ray lewis came out of retirement (offseason year 1) and played 3 seasons. Its pretty unrealistic that moss would stay a free agent 4 years with out retiring. Does anyone know if players like room or manning or brady retire can they pull a r.lewis and come back in cfm or are they just done after they are gone. And does anyone know if they can be selected as a coach like years past?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »