Home

does this every bother anybody else

This is a discussion on does this every bother anybody else within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
does this every bother anybody else

does it ever bother anybody else when a cpu team in madden cuts a player from their team who actually is having a big year in real life.

for example in my franchise the broncos cut moreno and signed hillis.

it kinda bothers me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: does this every bother anybody else

Well seeing that Moreno was on the verge of being cut before the year it makes sense. Madden can't predict when certain guys break out
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm sure it does. However, in the same breath I can also see where this almost happened to Moreno last year (or the year before?). Granted, I don't see them signing Hillis IRL.

While I agree that it gets under my skin to see these things happen, I have come to terms that this is the type of thing to expect in Madden Franchise/CCM.

In Madden 13 I am in the 2019 season and have seen players like Jay Cutler on the Eagles, Romo on the Chiefs and a few others get cut to open up roster spots due to injuries, etc. While it might not be 'realistic' I figure it is something I have grown accustomed to. No need to get more annoyed by something that you either deal with or sell the game away for.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Not at all - I am the complete opposite. I want my universe to be different that reality. I like when guys who fail in reality succeed in my universe (or vice versa). It really makes my universe interesting to me. My starting point is reality, but then I want my universe to go its own way.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Nope. Once I start a new franchise I seperate it from reality. I'm almost done year 3 and TR is still on the Browns.

Plus all the retirements are also unrealistic. (Brees, Vick, Romo are all gone).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

heck im in yr 5 and the league looks way different then it does now both manning brother's are gone, vick's gone, romo, brady... theres been a lot of movement although I have tried keeping my team intact it looks different then the browns do now as well.

only players on the browns that are still on the real team now is Weeden, Hoyer, Gordon, Benjamin, Bess, Gray, Thomas, most of the oline, the 2 bryants on de's, winn, kruger, Jackson, Mingo, Haden, McFadden, Ward.

so I have 31 new players out of the 53 man roster.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Im i the only one that has this glitch where Vick disappears into thin air after first season ? I mean i played as eagles , finished my season , vick's contract is running out i give him new one he accepts it , i start my season he is not on the roster, he didnt retire .I Wonder if its just random glitch or does it always happen after first season ? Has anyone seen him in 2nd or 3rd seasons ? That really bothers me as im huge fan of him and i mainly started CFM with Eagles because of him, now that he is gone after year one i dont see a point in playing with Eagles past 1st season or rather play with them at all as i didnt find that one season was enough for me. Just wondering
Old 10-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
Im i the only one that has this glitch where Vick disappears into thin air after first season ? I mean i played as eagles , finished my season , vick's contract is running out i give him new one he accepts it , i start my season he is not on the roster, he didnt retire .I Wonder if its just random glitch or does it always happen after first season ? Has anyone seen him in 2nd or 3rd seasons ? That really bothers me as im huge fan of him and i mainly started CFM with Eagles because of him, now that he is gone after year one i dont see a point in playing with Eagles past 1st season or rather play with them at all as i didnt find that one season was enough for me. Just wondering
Nope, not just you. Players seem to disappear. Part of the EA magic. I noticed Matthew Stafford has vanished from my CFM (not sure what other players, but I have seen this bug on other threads here).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »