Home

Ideas Madden Can Steal From NCAA Football

This is a discussion on Ideas Madden Can Steal From NCAA Football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Ideas Madden Can Steal From NCAA Football

Reallistic injures. PLayers that are questionable, doutful or just plain out.
If you place a guy on IR you should have a spot open up.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden needs to really make there draft more in depth.. Add audio for all picks.. Have commentators give draft grades.. And analize the picks more.. Plus weekly wrap up shows in franchise mode.. And award predictions.. If they have a bigger team and more power because of next gen.. No reason why it shld not be attempted.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 2
Knee braces and long dreads.
http://h-o-dread-mfw.blogspot.com/2013/02/nfl-12-dread-news-week-21.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

The one thing Madden needs more than anything is some sort of tracking of multiple seasons in the commentary/news-feed.

It feels like every new season is its own mode. I want to be able to read what is going on from year to year with other teams (esp in the division). Also, in game commentary should do a better job of talking about game-to-game and year-to-year performances for key players.

I know I am asking for the world with this, but it is something that MLB The Show has done just slightly and it really adds to the depth.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

"The company won’t devote all of NCAA Football’s development budget toward Madden, but EA Sports would be a fool not to throw at least a modest upgrade of money and talent at its fellow football game. Though more money won’t equal more time, the extra funding could be used to increase the number of developers on Madden’s staff."

I don't follow. NCAA's development budget was in place because NCAA made x amount off the game. That revenue stream is gone. Why would EA drop an extra dime of development on Madden? Madden sales have been consistently between 5 and 5.5 million every year this whole generation. I don't see EA putting extra costs into Madden with little expected return in sales.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
"The company won’t devote all of NCAA Football’s development budget toward Madden, but EA Sports would be a fool not to throw at least a modest upgrade of money and talent at its fellow football game. Though more money won’t equal more time, the extra funding could be used to increase the number of developers on Madden’s staff."

I don't follow. NCAA's development budget was in place because NCAA made x amount off the game. That revenue stream is gone. Why would EA drop an extra dime of development on Madden? Madden sales have been consistently between 5 and 5.5 million every year this whole generation. I don't see EA putting extra costs into Madden with little expected return in sales.
Agree. It's beyond unlikely that EA would chose to take any of the expenses from NCAA and just move them over to Madden. If they retain those employees then it will be to work on a new revenue stream, which could be in Madden, but that would mean another garbage microtransaction mode and not improvements to the game. If they retain them it would more than likely to be to work on an entirely new project.

Madden's sales have also taken a dip this year and the last thing you do in a consumer market when you see a dip is throw on more expenses to further erode your potential bottom line unless you know it will return those sales.

Add on top of that the NCAA series just cost them $40m and I am guessing suggesting shifting any expenses without guaranteed revenue is grounds for dismissal at EA right now.

Now what I could see them doing would be to take a couple that worked on specific parts of NCAA if they identify parts that are direct upgrades and say you have two weeks to transition what you did into Madden. We'll pay you as a contractor but at the end of this project you are gone. But again with EA I would imagine if they did that than any cost associated with that would be yanked from elsewhere in the Madden budget.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 10-11-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 24

If you're starting a rookie QB, the crowd noise should affect him (complete with the squiggly lines)....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11
How about they start simple first, put Cpu vs Cpu and true coach mode into Madden, something NCAA never took out, SMDH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »