Home

Is rookie rb Peter Pablo Parker too good?

This is a discussion on Is rookie rb Peter Pablo Parker too good? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Is rookie rb Peter Pablo Parker too good?

I am by no means a football expert, so don't laugh. But I just drafted him in my cfm and he came out. 87 overall. I like this, but worry it's just rather unrealistic for a rookie rare rb to come put and be rated this high.

What do you all think, has this ever happened, where a player came out of draft and was this good in the nfl at any position, whether in madden or not?
I want to play this guy, but try to be fair. Thoughts please?
Btw, I'm talking about that rookie rb Peter Pablo Parker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is rookie rb Peter Pablo Parker too good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
I am by no means a football expert, so don't laugh. But I just drafted him in my cfm and he came out. 87 overall. I like this, but worry it's just rather unrealistic for a rookie rare rb to come put and be rated this high.

What do you all think, has this ever happened, where a player came out of draft and was this good in the nfl at any position, whether in madden or not?

Alfred Morris was a 6th round Draft pick and is now considered one of the top runningbacks in the league just a year later. So I would say that yes its possible just very unlikely. Even Doug Martin came out of the Draft (albiet in a much higher round) and started off as a great runningback. Russell Wilson was a 3rd round Draft pick and is arguably one of the best QBs to come out of the last 3 drafts.

There are often players that are starting caliber that get benched after being drafted at a lower round that until an injury or trade shows their true skill/value. Take Tom Brady for instance (keep in mind though that this is an exception, not the rule).

Last edited by Ampking101; 10-14-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

does he spin a web any size and catch a thief just like flies? just kidding
Old 10-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
MVP

True he is amazing but I think it's great. Where would Adrian Peterson rate as a rookie? I'd say 90-95. AD was literally the best RB his rookie year along with LT who was probably rated 99 in Madden.

I wish there were more freaks like Pablo in these draft classes. Like every 3-4 seasons there should be one amazing superstar.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Alfred Morris was a 6th round Draft pick and is now considered one of the top runningbacks in the league just a year later. So I would say that yes its possible just very unlikely. Even Doug Martin came out of the Draft (albiet in a much higher round) and started off as a great runningback. Russell Wilson was a 3rd round Draft pick and is arguably one of the best QBs to come out of the last 3 drafts.

There are often players that are starting caliber that get benched after being drafted at a lower round that until an injury or trade shows their true skill/value. Take Tom Brady for instance (keep in mind though that this is an exception, not the rule).
Well thanks for the response, it just seems odd that a guy this high can come on and would just make sucha. Difference on a team, but yea I suppose it's ok, I just try to keep things fair, you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Did it cross your mind that your thread title would be a CFM draft spoiler for those who would rather find out their own way?

Please put more thought into it next time.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

I believe adrian peterson broke the single game rushing record in his second game.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14

Adrian Peterson says hello.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »