Home

Old 10-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden CFM

Do I have to be playing in a Online league to use the Madden CFM online stuff. I only play off line connected careers so I am assuming I cant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden CFM

I don't believe so, my personal CFM is online, so you should be able to take advantage of the online options
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

There is noway to take my Career I am in now and move it online is there. I dont really want to start over.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
There is noway to take my Career I am in now and move it online is there. I dont really want to start over.
I don't believe so. Good luck with your decision.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Okay, so I know that this may not be what this thread was started for, but I'm new to these forums and can't start my own thread yet.

A few questions/complaints that I have about the Madden Franchise mode. First of all, I play offline because I'm sure I'll be asked.

1. Every newly acquired player is a captain!
Every rookie, every offseason acquisition, everyone trade piece brought in from another team. They're all now captains on your team. Plus, most rookies seem to wear white sleeves no matter what they're preset to. This is quite discouraging. I mean, come on EA, this is 2013. Can't we fix this?

2. What's up with the Contracts?
So, I've played Madden for awhile and I have a slightly above average understanding of the NFL's salary cap rules. So why does it seem that on Madden 25, cap hits AND bonuses both count against the salary cap? Is it not the point of a signing bonus to alleviate some of the financial burden off of the team? For instance, if Patrick Willis is due to make $16 million against the cap in 2013 but the 49ers restructure his deal to make $15 million of the salary into a bonus, then he should only count $1 million against the salary cap and $15 million against team's finances. But yet in my experiences in this game (3rd season), every player's salary cap hit is a combination of the salary and bonus. So with example above, even if I gave Willis a $16 million contract ($15 million bonus) he still counts at $16 million no matter what. Am I misunderstanding this? Or did they take away always-fun game of manipulating the salary cap (which every real-life NFL team does)? How are you handling the salary cap?

3. Injury Bug
I guess this would fall under a glitch. Drafted quarterback Joetavius Jaques. After every other play, he would get hurt and be lying motionless on the field (not even twitching). Jim Nantz would comment that it looks serious, but rest assured he was in the huddle on the ensuing screen and never missed a play...that is until I added Sam Bradford via a trade and now Jacques can't stay on the field. So to recap, before making the trade, Jacques would get hurt on every other play, but never miss time (and the game never acknowledged that he was hurt - so no option to put him back in the game). Now, after looking, his durability was a 75 or something, his injury was like a 91. However, I noticed that his personality is like a 35. Which brings me to my next topic...

4. Player Personalities
It seems like most draft prospects have a personality rating of F. How does this affect them? Common sense would mean that maybe they cause problems or don't produce well, but Madden rarely utilize common sense.

5. Retiring Players
Hey, it's neat that I've been able to sign Ray Lewis and Drew Brees since they've come out of retirement. But you know what would be awesome? Being able to see which players on my team are retiring. Where did they hide one of those simple often-overlooked menus that has been around since like Madden 2000? You really can't see who decided to leave your team and head to the announcing booth only to unretire next year?

I've noticed many other glitches that have been covered ad nausem elsewhere in these forums but I just wanted to throw these out there and see if anyone has encountered these, figured out ways to understand them, or discovered how to circumvent them. Thanks for letting me vent.

Keep on gaming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdvargo
2. What's up with the Contracts?
So, I've played Madden for awhile and I have a slightly above average understanding of the NFL's salary cap rules. So why does it seem that on Madden 25, cap hits AND bonuses both count against the salary cap? Is it not the point of a signing bonus to alleviate some of the financial burden off of the team? For instance, if Patrick Willis is due to make $16 million against the cap in 2013 but the 49ers restructure his deal to make $15 million of the salary into a bonus, then he should only count $1 million against the salary cap and $15 million against team's finances. But yet in my experiences in this game (3rd season), every player's salary cap hit is a combination of the salary and bonus. So with example above, even if I gave Willis a $16 million contract ($15 million bonus) he still counts at $16 million no matter what. Am I misunderstanding this? Or did they take away always-fun game of manipulating the salary cap (which every real-life NFL team does)? How are you handling the salary cap?
Yes you are misunderstanding the way the cap and bonuses work. Your player who counted as 16 million no matter what must have been one a one year contract.

The bonus counts against the cap but is amortized over the duration of the contract. So if you have a player on a 4 year deal making 1 million in base salary with a 16 million signing bonus, that player's cap number is 5 million per year (1 million in salary + 16 million/4 years).

Also, cap penalties are incurred when a player is cut or traded before his contract is up. The penalty is equal to the remaining portion of the bonus which has yet to be counted against the cap. So if you cut the player in the example from the previous paragraph after the second year of his four year contract, he will actually count for 8 million against your cap the following year even though you are no longer paying him.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdvargo

5. Retiring Players
Hey, it's neat that I've been able to sign Ray Lewis and Drew Brees since they've come out of retirement. But you know what would be awesome? Being able to see which players on my team are retiring. Where did they hide one of those simple often-overlooked menus that has been around since like Madden 2000? You really can't see who decided to leave your team and head to the announcing booth only to unretire next year?
This was taken out in M13, but was put back in for M25. You have to go to the transactions menu, I believe under league menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »