Home

Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible"

This is a discussion on Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #73
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorneydave866
It's freaking stupid. You can't even DISCUSS the game on this forum anymore. It's just people trying to one-up each other with their "hate" and anti-EA zingers. OS has become just like every other place on the net. I'll stick to the Sliders sub.

No the game doesn't look amazing, but this forum is even worse lately.
U seem to be bent out of shape. U Mad bro? Sorry OS isnt as bland as other Forums. At the end of the day its all entertainment. My advice, delete your account all together.

Last edited by Mr_Riddick; 10-16-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #74
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
Exactly, who cares about graphics? For me I'm focused on the movement and the overall foundation. What's really crazy is the grass design could even be downgraded in subsequent sequels on next gen to make room for other things like framerate stability. I believe the grass in earlier maddens this gen was downgraded along with other graphical elements for such a desired effect.
I really don't know how much horsepower is used on the grass, that's a question for Jimmy.

Seriously though I too was hoping for a much, much smoother game at the very least.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #75
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

What a great thread this is.......Can't stop laughing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 10

I really hope EA is trolling showing all this awful videos then they come out and say here's real next gen footage lol

I'm starting a new three year plan with madden this year. Ill buy it every 3rd year until they prove they can make a quality product. Games like 2k, Fifa and MLB the show will continue to be yearly purchases.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 0

I am pretty happy that more and more people are catching on to the absolute joke that the Madden franchise has become.

It has gotten so bad that sometimes I really wonder if Tiburon outsources the programming. Like EA shot their wad and spent all of their money on the license that they outsource the production to India and stick a couple low paid PR people on the forums to say the right things.

How else can you explain these janky animations? The complete lack of understanding of WR/CB or OL/DL interaction after all these years?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #78
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptheARSEnal
It has gotten so bad that sometimes I really wonder if Tiburon outsources the programming. Like EA shot their wad and spent all of their money on the license that they outsource the production to India and stick a couple low paid PR people on the forums to say the right things.
While many still hang on to their every word - they did say in a ED Report in the previous quarter that a (insert figure) % of staff was cut in an effort to reduce operating costs.

I cannot fathom how they spent two years on this next gen project when they tell their stakeholders that their initiatives going forward are to reduce operating costs.

The ignite engine, in my original opinion was introduced as part of those initiatives to reduce operating costs - not to wow consumers.

EA Sports maximizes on microtransactions and they have stated their future is slated for higher rampings on the microtransactions.

While the sales numbers may go down - they can still account for the gamer who spends hundreds of dollars in the EA Store - equivalent to maybe buying three or more maddens for one household.

More vacation money for the suits, eitherway, if you cut the frontline staff who do the operating.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #79
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0

Really crazy to me how bad this looks. Didn't think I'd pass on next gen madden but I am now. From the gameplay camera, it looks like the graphical difference is marginal at best. Combine that with the same horrid animations and skipping this is a no brainer.

I've always liked madden too. I didn't like 2k5 or any other series. But it hasn't been good this whole generation. Seeing the same game now ported is depressing.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #80
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
Really crazy to me how bad this looks. Didn't think I'd pass on next gen madden but I am now. From the gameplay camera, it looks like the graphical difference is marginal at best. Combine that with the same horrid animations and skipping this is a no brainer.

I've always liked madden too. I didn't like 2k5 or any other series. But it hasn't been good this whole generation. Seeing the same game now ported is depressing.
I've played all the football series from Atari/Intellivision onward, 2k5 and 2k8 you can get for a couple bucks each, get them and then compare and you'll see the kind of things that we would like to see in Madden. Compare the animations, I think you'll be pleased. It does look like Madden has added some animations this year. The Kotaku video doesn't show a lot of them, but the new stuff EA released today shows some new ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »