Home

Fantasy Draft, few questions.

This is a discussion on Fantasy Draft, few questions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fantasy Draft, few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Poe has been great for me. Gets off blocks and is a key piece in my 3-4. Didn't expect him to make a difference in the pass game but shockingly he has 2 sacks in 4 games.
Different story for me. I guess it has something to do with scheme. I run a 4-3, and he's better suited to play the 3-4 NT. Another reason why I opted to trade for Shariff Floyd and give up on Poe (Floyd has 2 sacks in his first 2 games).

He consistently had issues getting off blocks even though Suh was double teamed frequently (Suh still managed to get 12 sacks for me last year, while Poe had 3). Poe had plenty of 1-on-1 situations to take advantage of, but he never really did much with those opportunities. He was great at plugging holes and stopping the run though.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10

How are you able to view players so carefully? With hardly anytime between picks, I have enough trouble meeting the timer. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
How are you able to view players so carefully? With hardly anytime between picks, I have enough trouble meeting the timer. Am I doing something wrong?
A lot of people pause the draft and take their time but that's kind of cheating. I just have a good idea of who i want and where they are projected to go and use that as my starting point.

In the 1st round I always take the best corner which is either Sherman or Peterson. So i have a free minute and a half to look through other players before i take them. My 2nd round pick is the best OLB available (usually Orakpo or Justin Houston). Another free minute and a half. Use the time to find valuable rookies who go later in the draft (Ogletree, Warmack, Cooper, Eric Ried, Amerson, etc)

I always ignore QB's, HB's and WR's until later rounds. Can usually get a pretty decent QB w/ a mid 20 pick and there's a lot of HB's who don't get drafted until really late. But if you want an elite QB it's understandable to use an early pick on one

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have been fairly impressed with the CPU draft logic in fantasy drafts.. they get players that fit their scheme for the most part.

Most of the teams are pretty well constructed and balanced. You can build a powerhouse if you game the draft for all young stars, but if you build a team with a good mix you won't be significantly better than any of the CPU teams.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0

good tips for fantasy draft like said earlier pause the draft . take the time to select players that fit your scheme and are young.
You do not need a qb until like the 17 round. dont waste a high pick on a qb but for a good o-line 90+ with good rbk pbk and strength.

Im in a online ccm with only one friend were in our 4th year with me as the bengals and him the ravens. teams are realistic in the league some great some awful. for example tampa bay has made the super bowl in the first three years of our career. My team has develop so great but ill show my original team.
QB: Geno Smith( he 99 after 3 mvp seasons)
rb: Doug Martin , lance dunbar
fb ted collins
wr: blackmon allen goodwin and randle
te B Watson
LT:barnes
LG:B Grubbs
C robinson
RG Yanda
LG R Saffold

LE: jerry hughes( 97 in game)
RE; shea mcllelin(98 in game)
dt: suh and fairley(99-98 in game)
lolb: ayers
mlb: willis
rolb:blackburn
cb: revis, carr, amerson, breh wilson
fs: meriweather
ss: tj ward

the overall i showed in( ) are there overall in my 4th year my defense overall is 90 off is 86.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

What I normally do is when I find a team I want to do a draft with, I will set my settings etc and then will go save my game before I start the draft. So if I don't like my pick, I can just back out and load back up quickly without having to do everything over again.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #15
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

I love the fantasy draft but like people said, it's pretty easy to get a super stacked team since the CPU is awful at drafting. You can end up with a team full of like 5 superstars, meaning the top 5 at their position. Also, CPU doesn't really think about how good rookies are in the game (since they have low AWR this low OVR).

It's definitely fun and a big change from normal CCM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #16
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

One thing the CPU does is go after linemen early. I notice they end up with some sick offense/defense lines but nothing at the skill positions (besides QB).. Get a draft with 8 or more people its the complete opposite, most will just sim and let the computer pick after they get their skill positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »