Home

Coach and booth challenges

This is a discussion on Coach and booth challenges within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Coach and booth challenges

For one I completely dislike only being able to challenge a play when the game allows me to, I don't understand why I can't use my challenges when I want. Also one of the biggest flaws with challenges is when a reciever "catches" a ball for literally one second AND with out taking 2 steps and then "fumbles" the ball and everytime there's no challenge and it's automatically a fumble really stinks! Great game but challenges are awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Coach and booth challenges

I didn't even think challenges worked... I honestly dont think I've ever seen a single one overturned. Coach, booth, NOTHING
Old 10-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't you just go into game options and challenge? Whenever I go to change my depth chart, I see Challenge Play there. I never use it, so I don't know. And I'm not in the menu a whole bunch.

I've seen plays overturned. But it's usually overturned in the CPU's favor. Probably just my crappy luck though. A couple times I've seen fumbles OBVIOUSLY happen after the player was down, and I'd pick it up. Booth review and it'd be overturned. A couple plays you'd see the WR obviously have a foot on the line, but the play would stand/be confirmed. Just bad programming.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Yes they work and as the poster above me mentioned you can challenge right after the play in the menu , i had multiple plays overturned .
Old 10-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

I've had plays overturned for me. But I know what he's talking about, the option disappears from the menu sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew25x
I've had plays overturned for me. But I know what he's talking about, the option disappears from the menu sometimes.
It does because the challenge system is flawed. I think the challenge system is like the fumble system. No rhyme or reason the game throws in random wrong calls on purpose in areas where a challenge may take place. The game doesn't actually go back watch the replay and reassess. I am not stating this as fact just how I think the game works.

I forget what game I assume 2k had a good challenge system but when you would challenge it would give you like 5 options asking what you were challenging.

I am looking forward to challenge system being revamped.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
For one I completely dislike only being able to challenge a play when the game allows me to, I don't understand why I can't use my challenges when I want. Also one of the biggest flaws with challenges is when a reciever "catches" a ball for literally one second AND with out taking 2 steps and then "fumbles" the ball and everytime there's no challenge and it's automatically a fumble really stinks! Great game but challenges are awful.

The challenge system has been flawed for years now but I have had calls in my favor and against me which does add a bit of a realism even if the system does miss clearly obvious things. In real life though coaches can't throw a challenge flag whenever they want. Certain plays are not reviewable and certain plays are only reviewable by the booth.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

The option disappears yet but if you hit the left trigger before the snap it still challenges. And no you can't go into game options and challenge, it doesn't allow that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »