Home

Defending the TE

This is a discussion on Defending the TE within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Defending the TE

How in the world do I stop the TE or the passes over the middle? Our league went from All-Pro to All-Madden and I've done pretty well except stopping the TE. I'm using the Panthers and every TE in the game absolutely eats Luke Kuechly alive! It's embarrassing and I'm tired of it.

How do I stop the computer from throwing to the TE the entire game for completion after completion?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Defending the TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
How in the world do I stop the TE or the passes over the middle? Our league went from All-Pro to All-Madden and I've done pretty well except stopping the TE. I'm using the Panthers and every TE in the game absolutely eats Luke Kuechly alive! It's embarrassing and I'm tired of it.

How do I stop the computer from throwing to the TE the entire game for completion after completion?
Do you usually play as Kuechly when you're playing defense or another position? I have Kuechly in my CFM, and his man/zone coverage rating was pretty low. You might have to develop that further.

Play more zone with coverage in the box. Or if you're playing man, let the computer cover the TE and bracket him with a safety.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbn
Do you usually play as Kuechly when you're playing defense or another position? I have Kuechly in my CFM, and his man/zone coverage rating was pretty low. You might have to develop that further.

Play more zone with coverage in the box. Or if you're playing man, let the computer cover the TE and bracket him with a safety.
Yea I've been trying to bracket him with the safety. I used to play the MLB in past gen, but this gen it's a lot harder with the improved run blocking so I switched to Safety.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Yea I've been trying to bracket him with the safety. I used to play the MLB in past gen, but this gen it's a lot harder with the improved run blocking so I switched to Safety.
Bracketing is generally one of the more effective ways to stop receivers. Are you losing him on hard cuts/breaks? Are there specific routes that the TE kills you on?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

If I feel that a team likes to go to the TE, I will manually cover him and press him off the LOS on every route regardless of man or zone. Hoping that will disrupt the offense and make the QB go elsewhere. I will also from time to time, bring down safety to double/bracket him. I will also cheat on 3rd and longs on corner routes, and undercut them, or undercut the seam route. Doesn't always work, but it helps.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Zone coverage works well. Getting pressure on the QB is always the best bet tho w/ some man blitzes

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 10-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

i try to get my big, good tackling, solid press CB up against them. it isn't easy though.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I usually take the faster safety and cover him manually, you need all the speed you can get to recover from when he makes his break. They do it at super-human speed so your only chance at stopping corner/in-out routes is to be ready to under cut as soon as you find out which route he is running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »