Home

Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

This is a discussion on Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Even if The Show wasn't "simulation" I would still enjoy it. To be honest with you, yes. I stand by what I said. Some people are overly entitled. Yes, there are a few who genuinely just want a solid product. And EA is guilty of putting out mediocre products. I am an old NFL 2k5 guy (still playing it, actually) so I know what is possible.

Either way, some things people ask for in video games is ridiculous. And at the end of the day, people will always find a way to complain about something. The sad truth is, the majority of gamers don't care about simulation or realism and just buy these games to play them casually. It is why EA can slap simulation nuts in the face and still make millions. I'm not saying it is right, but it is the truth.

And by using entitled, I did not refer to the desire for a realistic game of football. That is something that should be expected with any game. But, like I said, some people are never happy despite how good something is.
Not to come off like I am attacking you or trying to call you out, the bold is of course true as a general statement, like saying "some people could never have enough money" but I fail to see what it has to do with Madden. I think most reasonable people can agree that Madden has plenty of viable issues to justify anyone wanting it to be better without thinking their entitled to it. It's easy to say that you would like The Show even it wasn't as good of a game as it is but we have no way to know that for sure because The Show, is what it is. Likewise for Madden, we have no way of knowing how the presumed entitled would behave if Madden was a better game because it's not.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 AM   #34
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of FOOTAGE?? game is releasing in 2 weeks, has been finished for awhile.

How do you know if you would still like the Show if it wasn't as good as it is? It's an impossible position to take since impossible to either prove or disprove.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

All I want to see is a 5:00 minute uncut video of playable view gameplay. That is it and I will be satisfied. We are 13 days away from Madden 25 next-gen release. I don't see why we have none of this yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #36
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Please get this back on topic and don't turn it into another fans vs haters thread.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #37
Banned

Steven78's Arena

What if. Just what if EA isn't showing anything because they don't need to because the game is amazing and simple word of mouth and reviews after release is gonna sell millions?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:23 AM   #38
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
What if. Just what if EA isn't showing anything because they don't need to because the game is amazing and simple word of mouth and reviews after release is gonna sell millions?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Then it would be the first in any facet of any form of entertainment ever.

That would be quite the feat....

Just think of the odds of that being reality. What game have you never seen footage for? What movie have you never seen previews for? Heck, what MNF game have you never seen promo's for?

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if that's the case, but there is no precedence set that what you are suggesting has any real possibility of being true.

Word of mouth is better pre-sale than it is post-sale 9 times out of 10........(marketing 101)

Last edited by kehlis; 10-29-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #40
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Just playin devil's advocate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »