Home

Are challenges completely broken?

This is a discussion on Are challenges completely broken? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Are challenges completely broken?

With the power and space of the new systems I'd expect this is all fixed?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
Just started!

jee504's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been dealing with the sideline catch issue all season. Those calls never get it done the proper way.
The one that stung me the most was last night. Was in my first year of my CFM. Playing as the Saints. Had a 15-1 record. Playing in the divisional round against the 49ers. Outside the fact that Gore was running over d-linemen and Kaepernick (however the hell you spell his name) was running all over the field. I managed to stay in the game. Fourth quarter with like 3 mins left its 3rd and 11 score is 27-20 I'm losing. 49ers have the ball. Had some success with my offense in the 2nd half so I was confident that a stop here would get me back in the game. Kaepernick throws the ball to the right side of the field. It was clearly one foot in and one foot was out. I challenge thinking this was an easy call and it'd be 4th down. Nope they get the first down and kick a field goal. By the time I get the ball back I have no timeouts with less than a minute to go. Let's just ironically say that the 49ers and Ravens are playing for the Super Bowl in my CFM after the first year.
I'm still heated. Just gonna try for the Super Bowl next year.
I won't lie though a small part of me wanted to just turn the game off and start the game over later.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee504
I'm still heated. Just gonna try for the Super Bowl next year.
I won't lie though a small part of me wanted to just turn the game off and start the game over later.
Why not? The game cheated you out of an opportunity to win the game. Granted, who knows if you would have tied it up to win, but you never even got a chance to try.

If you lost fair and square, then move on and try again next season. But you have a legitimate beef with the way the game ended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #12
Just started!

jee504's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbn
Why not? The game cheated you out of an opportunity to win the game. Granted, who knows if you would have tied it up to win, but you never even got a chance to try.

If you lost fair and square, then move on and try again next season. But you have a legitimate beef with the way the game ended.
True you're right. I was just caught up in the emotion of the game and just took the loss for what its worth. Thinking back on it I should have just replayed the game because in the off-season Brees retired on me. Now I have a rookie quarterback who last name I can't pronounce and can't edit.

To not derail this guys thread, I have a problem with how they challenge its always an obscure camera angle. I can't see the whole play because I guy is in the way. With the sideline catches, end zone catches and fumbles I've had my fair share of blown calls majority in the cpu favor but a few went my way a few times.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee504
True you're right. I was just caught up in the emotion of the game and just took the loss for what its worth. Thinking back on it I should have just replayed the game because in the off-season Brees retired on me. Now I have a rookie quarterback who last name I can't pronounce and can't edit.

To not derail this guys thread, I have a problem with how they challenge its always an obscure camera angle. I can't see the whole play because I guy is in the way. With the sideline catches, end zone catches and fumbles I've had my fair share of blown calls majority in the cpu favor but a few went my way a few times.
If you didn't advance too far into free agency/draft and you have a save before the SB, you can always go back. BTW, Brees will come back the following year. I think he almost always comes out of retirement.

You can always just go look at the instant replay and use whatever angle you want to double-check it, but that's only after the challenge.

I've never had a call go my way. I've seen some really bad calls go the CPU's way with the game on the line, and those are the most infuriating moments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »