Home

Does anyone like this game?

This is a discussion on Does anyone like this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Does anyone like this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
....Did you seriously just suggest that everyone who likes this game should find another forum? You're either joking, or I misinterpreted that...right?

I would think that a circle-jerk of nothing but Madden/EA hate wouldn't be that much fun to post in after a while, but maybe I'm wrong?
I think he was merely saying that if you only want to view Madden through rose colored glasses you will be disappointed with a lot of what you see here.

It has nothing at all to do with liking or disliking the game.

We all want the same thing when it's all said and done. A better and more enjoyable representation of football.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
....Did you seriously just suggest that everyone who likes this game should find another forum? You're either joking, or I misinterpreted that...right?

I would think that a circle-jerk of nothing but Madden/EA hate wouldn't be that much fun to post in after a while, but maybe I'm wrong?
I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying a game like Madden is never going to get a lot of love here unless it becomes more sim. If hearing harsh criticisms of Madden bothers you there are other forums out there that are more Madden friendly.

And I am not criticizing anyone who likes Madden either. People just have different expectations for video games. On a hardcore sim site like OS people are going to demand a game that is more sim. Simple as that.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I think he was merely saying that if you only want to view Madden through rose colored glasses you will be disappointed with a lot of what you see here.

It has nothing at all to do with liking or disliking the game.

We all want the same thing when it's all said and done. A better and more enjoyable representation of football.
Good reply although it's not just looking at the game through rose-colored glasses. A lot of people like me come here for gameplay tips and content, like lotusfather's stuff. There's one lotusfather thread for every 30 complaint threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
I enjoy the hell out of M25.

You don't see too many good threads/comments because people are either tinkering with sliders, rosters, or playing the game. That's mostly where I read these days.

Personally, I'm way too laid back to get up in arms about the state of Madden these days, to me it's what you make it. No it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Even then, I believe next gen only cost $10 to upgrade if I wanted to, but I stayed off/on PS2 for the longest anyway. So I'll make my own judgement call when then game is actually playable.

I don't listen to all the noise and crying that comes from the forum anymore, I barely watch any videos...I guess this forum just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I joined for Madden, and there's great sliders/rosters provided but OS has so much more to offer elsewhere as a whole.
Bolded for emphasis of course. To answer the OPs question, absolutely man. Its actually a relatively small minority who post with constant issues. The rest are probably editing and messing with sliders having a blast.

I still browse through the forums but I've stopped paying much attention to the folks who are putting a magnifying glass over every single thing. Trust me man, Madden 25 is a VERY good game, (NCAA aint half bad this year either) and thats saying something coming from me for the simple fact that I really couldn't stomach ANY of the current gen releases AND...wait for it.....I absolutely loved 2ks version of football when they were out here releasing football titles.

I buy both titles every year, and up until this point, I couldn't make it more than one season/dynasty and pretty much got rid of the games after about one month. Madden 25/NCAA 14 however....Dude, I'm four dynasties in with NCAA and two seasons into Madden with NO plans of slowing down.

Am I saying that there aren't any flaws, **** no!! I'm a huge stickler when it comes to player movement and the PS2 versions still haven't been topped yet, but for folks to sit up here and say that the **** hasn't improved aint nothing but bull**** from a bulls mouth man.

Like I say, I've been a HUGE critic of the player movement since the switch to current gen. If I'm playing the game and liking it again this year, bet your bottom dollar the **** is nice. Hopefully, they'll finally get the illusion of weight fully back into the game, but until then, we have what we have, and they're slowly getting back to it. Go ahead and get it.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Bolded for emphasis of course. To answer the OPs question, absolutely man. Its actually a relatively small minority who post with constant issues. The rest are probably editing and messing with sliders having a blast.

I still browse through the forums but I've stopped paying much attention to the folks who are putting a magnifying glass over every single thing. Trust me man, Madden 25 is a VERY good game, (NCAA aint half bad this year either) and thats saying something coming from me for the simple fact that I really couldn't stomach ANY of the current gen releases AND...wait for it.....I absolutely loved 2ks version of football when they were out here releasing football titles.

I buy both titles every year, and up until this point, I couldn't make it more than one season/dynasty and pretty much got rid of the games after about one month. Madden 25/NCAA 14 however....Dude, I'm four dynasties in with NCAA and two seasons into Madden with NO plans of slowing down.

Am I saying that there aren't any flaws, **** no!! I'm a huge stickler when it comes to player movement and the PS2 versions still haven't been topped yet, but for folks to sit up here and say that the **** hasn't improved aint nothing but bull**** from a bulls mouth man.

Like I say, I've been a HUGE critic of the player movement since the switch to current gen. If I'm playing the game and liking it again this year, bet your bottom dollar the **** is nice. Hopefully, they'll finally get the illusion of weight fully back into the game, but until then, we have what we have, and they're slowly getting back to it. Go ahead and get it.
Not quite sure what you read, but i dont believe there are many Madden Gamers that are saying there havent been improvements to this game. The issues deal with the fact that the same problems that have been in past Maddens, still exist. This creates frustration amongst those that buy this game year after year. The fact that penalty sliders have to be placed at levels that do not allow penalties to be called, just so the actual game play is more what it should be, is just one example of what ails this game. How about a blocked field goal or punt. Have you seen one? The Sub In and Out from fatigue is not working properly. Do want me to continue?, or do you understand thats the issue, not that he game hasnt improved. When you buy a new car, you expect it to not only have newer, better looking features, but also expect it to operate and perform better than the same model did 5 years earlier. Its pretty simple!

Last edited by Carlboy82; 11-03-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #38
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
Not quite sure what you read, but i dont believe there are many Madden Gamers that are saying there havent been improvements to this game. The issues deal with the fact that the same problems that have been in past Maddens, still exist. This creates frustration amongst those that buy this game year after year. The fact that penalty sliders have to be placed at levels that do not allow penalties to be called, just so the actual game play is more what it should be, is just one example of what ails this game. How about a blocked field goal or punt. Have you seen one? The Sub In and Out from fatigue is not working properly. Do want me to continue?, or do you understand thats the issue, not that he game hasnt improved. When you buy a new car, you expect it to not only have newer, better looking features, but also expect it to operate and perform better than the same model did 5 years earlier. Its pretty simple!
This is how I feel. It is not that EA hasn't made a game that looks good and has improved. It is that while improving they have let some of the smaller problems consume the game. Then to top it off EA Sports will turn around and blame the player for the errors they leave. EA Sports is a poorly run entity of EA.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #39
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

While I understand how a newcomer into the Madden forums can see all the frustration here and be turned off by it, at the same time...that's just it...he's a newcomer and hasn't seen how this game has been over the past ..oh... 7-8 years?

Even before Madden 10, the OL/DL interaction, the WR/DB interaction, passing gameplay, how players make awkward routes to the ball or the gap, sidelines, crowd, suction blocking, no halftime and pre/post game shows, terrible commentary, scouting and draft process and presentation is awful, the stat and sim engine is broken, etc.

So yea, enough is enough. We're tired of the lies and false promises.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
What I have found here is that most of us are older gamers and we have limited time to game. So, when we play our sports games we want to enjoy them and not search and search for ways to make a game playable. That's the problem with madden. Its laborious when it should be fun and enjoyable.
Same here. I didn't get into Madden until college, but since I've bought the game maybe 10-12 times. I used to just fiddle with sliders for a few weeks until the worst stuff was fixed. Now there's also speed threshold, penalties, game speed... a couple years ago people were changing priority sliders for all 32 teams. I'm sick of hearing that suction blocking and tackling have been "totally eliminated" yet again and screwing with dozens of sliders to see if I can capture that special magical leprechaun of a game without suction. Maybe some younger players or older guys with a different home life than mine can screw with that stuff still or just overlook it. God knows I wish I could.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »