Home

Is Madden25 worth $60 for an offline franchise Gamer?

This is a discussion on Is Madden25 worth $60 for an offline franchise Gamer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden25 worth $60 for an offline franchise Gamer?

PS3.

Best Madden game this gen in a landslide on and off the field. And possibly the best Madden ever IMO.

I have played every Madden except for 06,07,08 09 (current gen). I did own 07 and 09 for PS2/XBOX.

The last truly great Madden IMO was 05.

This game will surpass it for me the longer I play.

If your a Madden fan......honestly IMO it really is the most complete package we have had in regards to the very best visuals, running game, passing game, Connected Franchise with something resembling a living breathing franchise (still not where it should be compared to The Show and 2K basketball), draft presentation, storylines, and now.....Classic Rosters.

So if you find a solid slider set for your style of play.....you should get a ton of enjoyment out of the game....while understanding it's short comings as all "Madden Players" have known about for years.

I want a better Madden.....but this game is extremely playable for me and the best it has been for all my 25 years playing Madden football.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

I have not paid full price since Vick was on the cover LOL.. I pay around 20-335 bucks never more than that. Just wait a week then shop around. Price drops so much. Never buy it right out the gate anymore. too many bugs and disappointments for some time. I kind of miss the radio show hing lol and helmets popping off from hits lol anyone remember that
Old 11-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I reordered a new copy of Madden 12 and am playing that now.

The Madden 25 classes are a mess. Too many sloooow WR/TE/S/CBs. Weird ratings, (88 speed Qb...76 ACC?). XP is a huge pain in the butt and the CPU doesn't accumulate practice XP or spend it well. The draft classes this year seem really uninspired and not much care was taken to make special players that really stand out. With Madden 12 I do that on my own now thanks to ratings edits.

If you choose "Strategist" as your coach style you will quickly surpass CPU teams in OVR as the CPU poorly spends XP and non-strategist coaches don't get anywhere near the XP.

I like the News Hub but I create my own blog anyway and make my own stories and so on.

Oh and it sucks to draft a stud rookie and have them wear white sleeves....ALL THE TIME. My stud 90 speed TE wore white sleeves at all times and looked stupid, same for my ROLB.

It's so much more work to make CFM work than it is in Madden 12 Franchise. Add in total player editing and Madden 12 wins easily.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #20
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I looked through my year 3 Madden 25 CFM and couldn't believe the number of top 1st/2nd round CBs/HBs/WRs with speed in the low 80s. Acceleration too. It's just frustrating and stupid.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
PS3.

Best Madden game this gen in a landslide on and off the field. And possibly the best Madden ever IMO.

I have played every Madden except for 06,07,08 09 (current gen). I did own 07 and 09 for PS2/XBOX.

The last truly great Madden IMO was 05.

This game will surpass it for me the longer I play.

If your a Madden fan......honestly IMO it really is the most complete package we have had in regards to the very best visuals, running game, passing game, Connected Franchise with something resembling a living breathing franchise (still not where it should be compared to The Show and 2K basketball), draft presentation, storylines, and now.....Classic Rosters.

So if you find a solid slider set for your style of play.....you should get a ton of enjoyment out of the game....while understanding it's short comings as all "Madden Players" have known about for years.

I want a better Madden.....but this game is extremely playable for me and the best it has been for all my 25 years playing Madden football.
It seems like us slider creators always have more fun with the game than others. I agree with everything said in the quote.

You have to tweak the game to how you play. This game cannot be played right out of the box and I'm afraid it's those gamers that are posting all the negative comments.

I still don't get what people say about the run game. With my slider set I found it extremely difficult to run and only on occasion get over 150 yards on the ground.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
It seems like us slider creators always have more fun with the game than others. I agree with everything said in the quote.

You have to tweak the game to how you play. This game cannot be played right out of the box and I'm afraid it's those gamers that are posting all the negative comments.

I still don't get what people say about the run game. With my slider set I found it extremely difficult to run and only on occasion get over 150 yards on the ground.
what are your running sliders set to? because im using charters sliders and like I've stated in other threads with 8 carries im over 100+ yards and that's useally just in 1st quarter and his are all madden sliders with run blocking set at 0 for both cmp and human.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13

Oh come on now!

You think only the people that haven't tried some slider set don't like the game? I have tried most all of them, yours included.

Just because you can't run doesn't mean others can't either. What's so hard to understand about that? Ask just about any reputable "slider creator" on the boards and they will tell you the human run game is nerfed beyond repair and needs to be patched.

I can acknowledge there are some elements of the game that are worthy of being lauded, but there remains a large majority that needs more effort to be considered the least bit enjoyable.

I don't understand why you always have to have an "EA defender" tone to most of your posts. Do you work there or something?

Last edited by Sturzinator; 11-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
Rookie

Herbn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
what are your running sliders set to? because im using charters sliders and like I've stated in other threads with 8 carries im over 100+ yards and that's useally just in 1st quarter and his are all madden sliders with run blocking set at 0 for both cmp and human.
Maybe turning up CPU tackling will make a difference for you? I used to be able to run on everyone with ease, but I see more realistic run stats after constant tweaks to my sliders. I'll have the occasional game where my rb goes off for 150+, but I do have a great run blocking oline.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »