Home

Madden team, take notes from NBA Live (Presentation)

This is a discussion on Madden team, take notes from NBA Live (Presentation) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden team, take notes from NBA Live (Presentation)

How they take notes from 2K (that company they hate so much) NBA 2K has added Eco-motion which gives players full emotion. This emotion can alter their performance negative or positive and they show visible emotion... Body language, frustration, etc.

ITS THE LITTLE THINGS EA....

TIBURON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #26
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

The saddest thing about EA and Madden is that the majority of people who are gonna buy this next gen version, don't realize just how much Tiburon and the Madden PR machine has been backtracking, misleading, and deceitful on everything leading up to this game dating all the way back to E3. So in the end, who does EA end up lying to and treating the worst? Us, the gamers who care the most about the quality of the game, the ones who so badly want to have an incredible game to match to our favorite sport, the ones who want it to not just succeed, but to do so in a way that matches and surpasses the quality of the Show and NBA 2K. I simply can't help but be a little depressed when I see the passion the 2k team so obviously has for the game of basketball, and the amount of hype they have been creating for their game, almost daily screenshots and trailers, especially todays 5 minute plus video with reams of footage and dev speak showcasing what might be the most next gen looking of all the upcoming launch games. We are stuck with a random Youtuber showing a :37 second clip with the highlight being a coach on a lifeless sideline turning his head from right to left, our payback for loyally following and playing (and most importantly to EA paying for) this game series for the last 25 years, thanks EA, thanks.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 11-06-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:39 AM   #27
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Has it been confirmed that there will be no halftime show or post game show in Madden Next Gen. That seems to be the main feature I would like to see taken from the Live Series.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #28
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

EcoEmotion is part of Player Presentation and boy do I wish Madden purposed a marketing plan to have players authentically emote the expressions of their real life counterparts.

Eco represents Life and it is clear their direction path is towards making a game that demonstrates its appreciation for the Life of the Sport. This is what enthusiasts and fans alike want to see even casuala are immersed by uncanny player expressions.

EcoMotion is about pumping life into the game: something truly lacking in the frenzy, skittish world of MaddenBall - might as well make the players pinballs cause all they do is move like they are lifeless, thrusted balls bouncing around and off eachother as they are propelled thru the arcade arena and thusted into the "endzone".

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 11-07-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #29
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

One of the problems I have with Madden and EA Sports in general is that they never even conquered the current gen consoles, and now they're making a jump to the next generation. To me, it's like a person who fails a year in school only to pass to the next grade; that child is simply not qualified to follow his classmates into higher grade.

This current generation of consoles has gone by so quickly to me, mainly because I was always waiting around for a good NFL football game, one that showed the powers of the current gen consoles even. That never came close, and good luck to them with even more powerful machines that create much more demanding consumers.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

NBA Live has a pregame, halftime, and post game show with Jalen Rose. During halftime he will show highlights of your game with a Sportscenter style rundown timeline. Then in dynasty mode in addition to that, you also will see highlights of other games around the league. Live also will have real coaches audio from all but 2 teams, (Hornacek and Kidd did not have audio since they are rookie coaches) via ESPN Wired, that will play at halftime from huddles during timeouts throughout the game, just like you see on tv at halftime. On top of all this, Rose will be in the studio every week recording new commentary and for the best players online he will even give shout outs, so along with the latest NBA news being heard every week, you may also hear your GT one day. Add to this the dynamic ratings and season, as well as constantly updated player accessories and hairstyles, tattoos, etc... NBA Live is seriously going to give 2k a run for their money in the presentation aspect.

The synergy ratings is something every sports game should have IMO. NBA Live also has a new player emotion system similar to ecomotion, we haven't seen what all 2k has for presentation, but from what I'm hearing, NBA live isn't that far behind them at all besides graphically.

Madden needs to go after this mindset hard in the next few years for their presentation.

One thing Sean O Brien exec producer of Live said in the interview, was that when you watch tv and go back to the game and see something on tv that you don't in the game, there's a disconnect there. He's exactly right, and that's what Madden needs to understand.

Having Nantz and Simms on screen makes you feel like you're watching on tv, but not having a pregame, halftime, post game show and weekly wrap up show during franchise creates that disconnect Sean is talking about.

Madden needs to go with a full CBS broadcast presentation or else get different commentators and go with their network presentation. This idea of a EA broadcast isn't going to work.

Another interesting point that Sean made, was that he was surprised how fast they were able to add things to and improve the game using the Ignite engine. He said they were able to improve the game much faster than they ever were able to with gen 3 technology. That tells us that there's no reason that Madden can't do the same. The excuses of not having enough time are going to be almost non existent now. Madden 15 needs to show drastic improvement in presentation, hopefully with Ignite they can share this presentation package for pregame, halftime, post game and transfer it to Madden in a way that works for the NFL.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 11-07-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #31
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Synergy type of system. It is always one step behind. Sure, if you want to imitate the season I suppose it is cool. Instead of that, I'd rather see a system that can emulate hot and cold streaks.

I know you guys keep saying it is about the little things, but Madden is still hasn't got the big things correct, like the entire defense.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »