Home

Quick Next Gen Question

This is a discussion on Quick Next Gen Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #33
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Quick Next Gen Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Lol people will start using code words.
Lol. I personally don't mind certain comparisons, but the amount of pics, gifs, videos, and articles that have been posted recently is just ridiculous. NBA 2k is my favorite sports game, but if I wanted to talk about it, there's a forum, and honestly I'm never there because I'm actually playing the game. Wish Madden was the same, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 11-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
and my original post wasnt directed at you specifically. it was directed at everyone talking about nba 2k in response to a question that had nothing to do with it.

please stop trying to start a fight.
No you misunderstand. My post wasn't directed at you specifically, it was merely an observation of how it is in this forum. You can't mention or compare Madden to another game on here without someone riding you for it. Which like someone said earlier leads to people having to resort to code words and sounding like Harry Potter characters with 2k being Voldemort, which I think is ridiculous. I think people need to stop being so insecure about this game. There was a whole thread on the 2k OS forums dedicated to how they should take notes from MLB The Show and there wasn't one comment saying go somewhere else with that this is so and so forums.

I think the way people react on here just show the lack of confidence they have in the title.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
No you misunderstand. My post wasn't directed at you specifically, it was merely an observation of how it is in this forum. You can't mention or compare Madden to another game on here without someone riding you for it. Which like someone said earlier leads to people having to resort to code words and sounding like Harry Potter characters with 2k being Voldemort, which I think is ridiculous. I think people need to stop being so insecure about this game. There was a whole thread on the 2k OS forums dedicated to how they should take notes from MLB The Show and there wasn't one comment saying go somewhere else with that this is so and so forums.

I think the way people react on here just show the lack of confidence they have in the title.
so make a thread comparing them. dont bring it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it. thats the definition of trolling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I propose bans anytime NBA 2k is brought up in this forum again.....any takers? Mods? Lol.
Sorry bro but that is silly. It's about holding EA up to a certain standard and 2K and The Show are the standard, so the comparisons will not stop, at least not from me.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That quote is nice and all, but the OP was literally looking for answers on how next-gen Madden was looking to compare to current-gen. Not Madden vs. NBA 2K/WrestleFest/MLB 2K/The Show/EA NHL/No Mercy/Blades of Steel.

In this particular thread, the 2K stuff is completely, 100% irrelevant.

The picture I posted was perfectly applicable to this thread sir. It had a current gen Madden photo and a next-gen madden photo that in and of it self made it relevant to the discussion in this thread. That said it also had a 2k current and next gen photo, but that was just to prove a point.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #38

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quick Next Gen Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Sorry bro but that is silly. It's about holding EA up to a certain standard and 2K and The Show are the standard, so the comparisons will not stop, at least not from me.
It needs to stop. I'm getting pretty sick of it because it's mainly being brought up as a means to bash EA which is not productive and accomplishes nothing nor is it "holding them accountable."

I will begin handing out warnings for trolling when users are bringing up ANY other game as a way of bashing EA.

Want to do it constructively and with an actual purpose? Have at it.

But I'm tired of people bringing it up for no reason.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #39
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
The picture I posted was perfectly applicable to this thread sir. It had a current gen Madden photo and a next-gen madden photo that in and of it self made it relevant to the discussion in this thread. That said it also had a 2k current and next gen photo, but that was just to prove a point.
it had nothing to do with the ops question. his question was asking if there were any differences in gameplay or missing features.

Quote:
My question is if anyone has heard about the gameplay actually being WORSE or missing features that current gen has?
so for you to bring up graphics and more specifically bring up another games graphics, is straight trolling.

back on topic its hard to say there will be any substantial changes to the game based on what theyve shown. the oline-dline play and pocket creation seems to be the biggest change in terms of gameplay. gameface will not be in ng for m25 at least. other than that it seems like most of the features from cg made it in.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand the comparison, but you have to look at how NBA 2k has a solid foundation for gameplay already in place and have for years. To me it seems like the vast majority of the improvements in NBA 2k are on a graphical level, there's no bouncetek or other big new gameplay mechanic improvements like you see in NBA Live. NBA Live may not have the graphical jump that 2k does, but Live does have some very nice gameplay features and the presentation was nicely done too.

NBA 2k doesn't have a lot more to do on their gameplay to make it good, the game was already good on current gen, so they spent the majority of their focus on graphics, that is obvious.

Madden has said they have spent the majority of their focus on fundamentals of football and gameplay in general. I don't think graphics are their focus right now, I don't think either NBA Live or Madden are using the gen 4 technology on graphics in the same way 2k is. I think 2k has a luxury that those 2 games don't have, 2k can use the power for all the "little things" because they already nailed down the big things on 360/PS3 era. They can improve the gameplay, but they don't need an overhaul like Madden and aren't being built completely from the ground up like NBA Live.

NBA 2k may have a new engine, but there is clearly a lot of ideas and concepts from current gen that they took and implemented, polished, on next gen.

I still have some questions about 2k's gameplay and I honestly think Live may have the better playing game, even if it doesn't "look" as next gen to most. One example in particular is with Bouncetek, and how in 2k the ball is still attached to the player, and also on pick and rolls, the ai for NBA Live looks like it may be more authentic.
2k has a luxury alright....better development team.Just overall better talent at 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »