Home

Injuries Not Working In Online CFM!!!!!

This is a discussion on Injuries Not Working In Online CFM!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #33
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Injuries Not Working In Online CFM!!!!!

Just mind-boggling. I can't even fathom the discussion and process that led to this decision.

Watch me play video games
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #34
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkmano
Absolutely pathetic, they shut injuries off and said NOTHING about it...
This is the part that gets me. I don't know if they thought we wouldn't notice or what, but its real shady, imo, to turn them off and not say anything about it. If they had just came out and said, "hey guys we're temporarily turning injuries off in user vs user cfm games because of a problem its causing (or whatever their reasoning is for turning them off)" then I'm sure most people would understand. They might not like it, but they would understand. The fact that they didn't say anything, imo, means they were hoping we wouldn't notice and the fact that they were hoping we wouldn't notice tells me their reasons for turning it off are less than valid. The fact that Josh Looman won't just come out and say what's going on is another reason I think the reason for this is less than valid. If there was a valid issue, it seems to me they would just say what's going on. I would not be surprised at all if the reason for turning them off is because of complaints of too many injuries by people running read option with the QB too much. I noticed they said in patch 2 that they reduced injuries, but we were having no problems with injuries, so that leads me to think they were getting a lot of complaints about something that wasn't really a problem. Anyway, this sucks and I really wish I had another option for football gaming. No matter how much EA says they're focused on sim, their actions always says otherwise.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #35
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

This is the first time I've truly been physically angry by a video game decision. I know at the end of the day it's not a big deal, it's a video game, etc. But it seriously did and I didn't rage or throw stuff or act childish but it actually incited these emotions within me.

All other times I'm disappointed by EA & other games it is not really a big deal. I can just brush it off. For some reason this decision really got my blood boiling. I think it's because we had a system where you finally had injuries. I'm not saying they were perfect but it was a system that finally rewarded people for having depth on their teams. They then completely turned them off without telling us or offering a valid reason. My first thought is they did this to appease the "casual" crowd. Those guys like the one in this thread that don't want injuries. It's the same crowd that wants no fumbles, no off target passes, no bad snaps, no drop passes, etc. They want 110% control of everything that goes on and for it to be a stick jockey match.

Injuries happen in football. Fumbles, dropped passes, penalties...MISTAKES happen. It's part of the game. Adversity hits you and you have to deal with it.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind this decision and EA/Looman haven't articulated a reason worthwhile. To intentionally take away injuries from online CFM user/user games just blows my mind. This is the middle finger to our CFM. I guess I didn't see the problems that injuries caused.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #36
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This is the first time I've truly been physically angry by a video game decision. I know at the end of the day it's not a big deal, it's a video game, etc. But it seriously did and I didn't rage or throw stuff or act childish but it actually incited these emotions within me.

All other times I'm disappointed by EA & other games it is not really a big deal. I can just brush it off. For some reason this decision really got my blood boiling. I think it's because we had a system where you finally had injuries. I'm not saying they were perfect but it was a system that finally rewarded people for having depth on their teams. They then completely turned them off without telling us or offering a valid reason. My first thought is they did this to appease the "casual" crowd. Those guys like the one in this thread that don't want injuries. It's the same crowd that wants no fumbles, no off target passes, no bad snaps, no drop passes, etc. They want 110% control of everything that goes on and for it to be a stick jockey match.

Injuries happen in football. Fumbles, dropped passes, penalties...MISTAKES happen. It's part of the game. Adversity hits you and you have to deal with it.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind this decision and EA/Looman haven't articulated a reason worthwhile. To intentionally take away injuries from online CFM user/user games just blows my mind. This is the middle finger to our CFM. I guess I didn't see the problems that injuries caused.
I think they might of turned them off in online cfm vs cmp as well.... I haven't had any kind of injuries in mine since the pre season of my last yr and im into week 4 of my new season and none for neither me or cmp when I played them.

it seems like this is Ea's way of controlling our game even though we paided them $65 to play it how we want like when they took edit player out a few yrs back. if ppl don't want injuries in there cfm's just turn injuries off then all there star players can run around like fools and never get hurt.

I don't see how this effects gameplay??? some of us like to play our franchise's and have to deal with injuries etc....
Old 11-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #37
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Wow is all I can say. I've always liked Looman and thought that he was looking out for sim guys since his days with HC. Looks like I was wrong. I have pretty much lost all faith in EA at this point. With no NCAA and Madden slowly turning more and more into an arcade game for tourney players, next gen football gaming could get real depressing, real fast.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #38
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Wow is all I can say. I've always liked Looman and thought that he was looking out for sim guys since his days with HC. Looks like I was wrong. I have pretty much lost all faith in EA at this point. With no NCAA and Madden slowly turning more and more into an arcade game for tourney players, next gen football gaming could get real depressing, real fast.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
This is the scary part...

The current mindset doesn't seem to have ANY consideration for anything but online / head to head / arcade...

NOT very promising moving forward...

After the debacle that's been M25 as a CCM / Sim game, I'll be waiting next year for the consensus from the forums and / or a RedBox rental before purchase...

AFTER the second "Big Patch" drops in October...

And THAT's only happened one other time in the past decade...

It's THAT bad...

Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #39
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0

I think EA needs a competitor a shame that they have those exclusive rights.

First I do not understand the point, if you do not want injuries just turn injuries off. If you turn injuries On there is a reason: you want injuries.

We all know that outside of sim games EA has been struggling with injuries (I have yet to see a OL getting hurt in game). But to be fair it was working perfectly at the begining.

Now the question is simple: when are they going to bring injuries back ? any info ?

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 11-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just cannot believe that they made the decision to keep injuries off in connected franchise. It has to be a mistake. I wish someone would provide some info on this.

The whole concept of connected franchise is to simulate a season. Anyone who watches football knows injuries are a part of a football season. There would be no need for depth, no need for a salary cap, no realism without injuries. EA has to know this!!!! I mean they put it in with the understanding they were needed so this has to be some sort of mistake. If not, the person responsible for this decision should be fired immediately!

They are taking away a critical feature of game that I paid for.....that was working at a satisfactory level before (if anything they should have expanded on the injuries so they impact lineman more frequently)!!!! The only reason I buy this game is for online connected franchise and now it is ruined. I feel cheated because this isn't what I paid for and it isn't the same product I was receiving just a few weeks ago.

Injuries are a necessary element to an online franchise. I also think they are crucial to gameplay. Leagues can make up rules to create injuries (as the league I'm in is now trying to do) but it still can't create in game injuries. There should be risks of running your QB's around, throwing to tightly covered WR's, etc. There should be in game injuries that can affect games. Injuries are criticial to any sort of realism!!!!

And somehow, someone actually decided to turn this off? I simply cannot understand the rational behind this. If leagues didn't want the injuries, then they can turn them off. Why would EA take them out completely? Makes no sense. Has to be a mistake.

Last edited by TheBrew101; 11-13-2013 at 01:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »