Home

Left End sacks

This is a discussion on Left End sacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Left End sacks

The problem isn't that the RT doesn't block as well as the LT. Well, maybe that is an issue. But what I mean is that the real problem is that there is one player putting up 20+ sacks a season no matter what that player is rated in terms of his ability as a football player. One post said that his LE was rated a 77. What is going on with the pass blocking and QB awareness that one player in a particular position can post stats like that and post them on a yearly basis? I could only imagine if your LE was actually a good pass rusher with 80+ speed, 90 acceleration and 90+ power/ finesse moves. I guess those are the ones who get. 40 sacks a season.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
Banned

Isn't the LE on most QBs blindside?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
Pro

No, the RE is on the QB's blindside. If you're playing the game, the RE is on the left side of the screen. Maybe that's what you're confused about.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
Does anyone else find this sad that the game just pretty much always plays out like that? There are guys talking about their Left End getting 40 sacks! I've seen this problem for a long time in Madden, but I didn't know it was that bad. WHy does EA not fix glaring issues like this?
jesus what are your guys sliders set at? i have 2 of the best DE's in the game with maxed out blk shedding and 95 fin and pow moves and the most either of them has gotten is 23 sacks.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
Pro

23 sacks is still a lot. My defensive ends are each rated 98 overall (Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy) and Hardy has 28 sacks as of week 16. They both have very good awareness, PRC Finesse moves and Power moves. I was really able to beef up Hardy's attributes with all the XP I get from all the sacks he gets. He has very good consistency, a High Motor, a Bull Rush, a Spin Move and he's Clutch. The main reason he has so many sacks right now is because he had like 6 sacks in one game. But, anyway, players putting up 20+ sacks on a regular basis is crazy. Even if you the turn up the CPU's pass blocking, it will continue to happen. The RT usually gets gets beat one on one by the Left End. Another thing I've noticed is the CPU will have their best RT like third in the depth chart and have a mediocre or even poor player playing at the RT position. Actually, this happens all over the CPU team's depth chart, but it is particularly problematic when done at this position as it makes it even easier to get sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone76
jesus what are your guys sliders set at? i have 2 of the best DE's in the game with maxed out blk shedding and 95 fin and pow moves and the most either of them has gotten is 23 sacks.
Mine was in M13 straight up ALLPRO settings. Ray Edwards was a BEAST!!! Lol can't remember how many minute qtrs I was playing, but I think it was 8 min qtrs, and that guy would just destroy the opposing QB!! It seemed like he never got less than 50 per season. Can't remember what his career total ended up being, but he was pretty stellar for me. Too bad in real life, he wet the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
23 sacks is still a lot. My defensive ends are each rated 98 overall (Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy) and Hardy has 28 sacks as of week 16. They both have very good awareness, PRC Finesse moves and Power moves. I was really able to beef up Hardy's attributes with all the XP I get from all the sacks he gets. He has very good consistency, a High Motor, a Bull Rush, a Spin Move and he's Clutch. The main reason he has so many sacks right now is because he had like 6 sacks in one game. But, anyway, players putting up 20+ sacks on a regular basis is crazy. Even if you the turn up the CPU's pass blocking, it will continue to happen. The RT usually gets gets beat one on one by the Left End. Another thing I've noticed is the CPU will have their best RT like third in the depth chart and have a mediocre or even poor player playing at the RT position. Actually, this happens all over the CPU team's depth chart, but it is particularly problematic when done at this position as it makes it even easier to get sacks.
true 23 was enough to break the record but its not like they are consistently getting 20+. also my guy had a 5 sack game that season that helped him break the record. Bothe my de's have everything yours have as well but while my LE was developing he had 4 seasons of sub 10 sacks(7-9). My other DE was just a beast out the gate 17 sacks his rookie season, took a dip his sophmore campaign with 13, then broke the record his third. i think beefing up the pass blocking AI does help but your right if you have a beast DE on the RT he's gonna get sacks, as he should imo. another thing you could beef up is QB ACC and WR catch as receivers will be open more often and the QB can get the ball out quicker.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #24
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropxEm
Mo Wilk always averages something like 40 tackles with 3 sacks.

Sheldon Richardson ALWAYS gets me 60 tackles with 12+ sacks.
Anyone have any idea about this? Wilk is a 94 and lines up against the RT while S-Rich is a 84 and goes against the best LT's in the NFL but just abuses them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »