Home

Free Agent WRs

This is a discussion on Free Agent WRs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Free Agent WRs

I'm using Carolina in my franchise and, as any Carolina user knows, I need to address the WR and CB position once my season is over. Good CBs are rare and I don't expect to get any good ones in free agency. But there are several WRs I've noticed are in the last year of their contracts and I would like to go after them. Has anyone noticed if these guys tend to get re- signed at the end of the season?

Hakeem Nicks (NYG)
Kenny Britt (TEN)
Eric Decker (DEN)

These are the main guys I'm after. I really want Nicks, but I think he wants a lot of money. Britt is really good in terms of size, catching-in-traffic, blocking and breaking tackles, but he lacks speed. I could prbly get him for relatively cheap and could really be productive on my team. Decker is good, but also lacks speed and is similar to Britt in most categories.

Last edited by macbranson; 12-05-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Typing error
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Free Agent WRs

Decker and Nicks are usually FA's after the first season from my experience. I've simmed quite a few first seasons to check out whether i get the Draft sim glitch, and would say more than half the time one or both of them are available.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

One free Agent I found was Kevin Dorsey, he has 90 speed stats and mis 80 catching
Old 12-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Pro

DoubleRussia's Arena

OVR: 1

Decker can play LWR to perfection, dude will catch anything you throw at him.

MLB - Oakland Athletics
Old 12-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Decker and Nicks are usually FAs, Decker is relatively cheap while Nicks costs a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

I have seen SEA let Browner walk in FA. Think he was a 4yr 5mil a year deal asking price or about.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Sign Randy Moss! He starts off in free agency and when I signed him with the Raiders, he went beast mode and is a pretty good red zone receiver.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
Pro

I have Randy Moss and he's actually not that good. He drops a lot of passes like everyone else on my team. Anyway, I'm talking about 2014 season. He'll prbly retire at the end of the season, he's 36. I was tryin to find his replacement in Nicks or Britt or Decker. After looking at Britt, he seems really good. He's ridiculously strong and has good catching. He's kind of like Anquan Boldin. That's good because I throw over the middle a lot and my WRs tend to drop the ball a lot after getting hit. Seems like I'll be looking at Nicks or Decker based on what you guys are saying. If Browner is available at CB, that's just the icing on the cake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »