Home

Tweak your franchise experience

This is a discussion on Tweak your franchise experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tweak your franchise experience

Hello guys, I've been around quite a while here at OS. I've learned a lot from reading the posts and trying different slider sets. I have to say thanks a lot to you guys for your hard work.

Today I want to share my personal adjustments to imitate the often-quoted sim-style kind of play in franchise.

For contract negotiations I use the following chart:

> 33 years: 5% Bonus Rating:
32-33 years: 7% Bonus 80-84: 5% Bonus
30-31 years: 10% Bonus 85-89: 10% Bonus
27-29 years: 15% Bonus 90-95: 15% Bonus
< 27 years: 20% Bonus >95: 20% Bonus

To determine the length of the contract I take this chart:

Rating:
< 60: 1 year deal
61-65: 2 year deal
66-75: 3 year deal
76-85: 4 year deal
86-90: 5 year deal
> 90: 6 year deal

As an example if you have an 28 year old player with a rating (please read further for this) of 87 I go in the negotiation screen and take a 25% Bonus (15% + 10%) of the base salary and a length of 5 years. If you adjust the base salary you have to adjust the Bonus as well. The diffficult is not only to match the asked money but to hand a length of the contract the player is willing to take.

These "rules" prevent me from signing players to long term deals with no bonus payments. This leads to difficult decisions every year.

Another important point for me is the use of my own OVR rating formulas. The OVR is one of the most discussed and overrated aspect of the game. I ask myself which attributes are important to the specific postion. I use the attached xlsx-file at the beginning of every season and fill in the data to get my personal rating which can vary from the madden calculated OVR.

You have to consider that some postions (FB) will have lower ratings compared to other positions (WR). But when you use this formulas you will get a feeling for every position. The percentual seperation is -of course- adjustable.

Another additional statistic element I use is to evaluate the production of every player and the run/pass ration of my own and of the opposing team. Again I fill in the data after every game to have a better feeling for the production of my team.

Perhaps I'm able to improve the franchise experience of some people or to to give somebody something to think about.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 25 Production.zip (21.0 KB, 127 views)
File Type: zip Madden 25 Value.zip (24.9 KB, 92 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tweak your franchise experience

OK i tried this out. And have a couple questions. First I input a player i have to resign to see if I am getting this right.

Marcell Dareus 24yrs old (Bills yr 2)

He is 96 ovr as far as resign screen in game but your value chart puts him at 89.34.

So i am taking this to mean his bonus for your formula is 30%. 20% from under 27 player and 10% from a 85-90 rated player.

Now I don't get how you get your base salary. Madden has him asking for a 52.8M 6yr deal. But with your thing I can only offer a 5yr deal. So i work out 30% of 52.8M is 15.84M, spread over 5yrs is 3.168M.

At this point I adjusted bonus to correct 3.2M per year. Adjusted his 6yr, asked for contract, to be right with what he wants. Then lowered it to 5yrs.

Came out with 5yr 5.6M salary, 3.2M bonus contract worth 44M total. Not sure if this is how you mean. Did I do this right?

Also with your value/production charts. What basis did you use for the formulas? Anything off like actual stats etc? Something that lines up with real life. Oh and Dareus has a production 17.5 through 6 games if that makes a difference.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Hey preaceps,

you can adjust the base salary to your liking, as high as you want. But when you adjust the base salary you have to adjust the Bonus as well. This prevents you from getting cheap contracts. The predetermined length of the contract involves the risk that the player reject your offer. But sometimes star player just try the free agency if the don't get what they want.

The formulas are hidden in the first lines. You can adjust them to whatever you want. These are based off my own ideas.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by preaceps
OK i tried this out. And have a couple questions. First I input a player i have to resign to see if I am getting this right.

Marcell Dareus 24yrs old (Bills yr 2)

He is 96 ovr as far as resign screen in game but your value chart puts him at 89.34.

So i am taking this to mean his bonus for your formula is 30%. 20% from under 27 player and 10% from a 85-90 rated player.

Now I don't get how you get your base salary. Madden has him asking for a 52.8M 6yr deal. But with your thing I can only offer a 5yr deal. So i work out 30% of 52.8M is 15.84M, spread over 5yrs is 3.168M.

At this point I adjusted bonus to correct 3.2M per year. Adjusted his 6yr, asked for contract, to be right with what he wants. Then lowered it to 5yrs.

Came out with 5yr 5.6M salary, 3.2M bonus contract worth 44M total. Not sure if this is how you mean. Did I do this right?

Also with your value/production charts. What basis did you use for the formulas? Anything off like actual stats etc? Something that lines up with real life. Oh and Dareus has a production 17.5 through 6 games if that makes a difference.
Following OPs formula and trying to keep Dareus with the same avg total salary, you should have done 30% of the 44 mil. It would end up being 2.64 bonus each year for 5 years (13.2m bonus total). Then if he doesn't accept and you want to increase his total salary, bump up his bonus to keep it at 30% of the new total offer.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

this sounds awesome. im gonna try this for sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #6
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

how do you handle older players? for example i just finished my first season as the ravens and ed reed was in free agency. on day 3 i offered him a 1 year deal worth 1 million dollars with no bonus to be as if i was offering him a veteran minimum which he ended up signing. how would you go about handling that cuz it did feel super cheap to sign him for that much but then again the contract i offered i in no way thought that he'd sign it cuz of how cheap it was and there was no bonus

ps sorry i rambled on
Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #7
Rookie

I'd personally give 10-20% over a FAs asking price if there is no competition.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #8
Just started!

how would you go about handling that cuz it did feel super cheap to sign him for that much but then again the contract i offered i in no way thought that he'd sign it cuz of how cheap it was and there was no bonus

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »