Home

Owner or Coach Mode: Possible to be successful as full sim?

This is a discussion on Owner or Coach Mode: Possible to be successful as full sim? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Owner or Coach Mode: Possible to be successful as full sim?

I'm thoroughly enjoying rebuilding the Raiders. I started rookie Tyler Wilson (day one rosters, he actually got cut IRL) for the first 8 games of 2013. Then I started Pryor, but he got hurt. Flynn got to play some, but he got hurt. Finished 2013 7-9. I signed Christian Ponder and Kyle Orton. I had Ponder, Orton, Flynn, and Pryor. I started Pryor, but he got hurt. I started Orton, but benched him. Ponder wasn't so good. I signed Nick Foles, and he was good, leading us to a 9-7 record in a newly built stadium. We missed the playoffs due to a heartbreaking OT loss to the Chiefs in week 16. I drafted Johnny Manziel, trading two first rounders to trade up. A few rounds later, I drafted Georgia's Taylor LeMay to be the backup.

Manziel got hurt in week 12, but LeMay guided the Raiders to the playoffs, where they lost in the AFC title game to the Browns.

I've drafted well, getting defensive studs in Virginia Tech DE James Gayle and safety Dezmon Southward (both starters/pro bowlers.) The Raiders' real life first round pic, CB DJ Hayden, has developed very nicely. TE Nick Kasa has developed into a Jimmy Graham like player. I've fixed the O-line too.

In terms of free agents, I try not to go crazy, I try to be realistic. In year one, I signed guys 75 overall and below. In year 2, 80 overall and below. Now I signed guys 85 overall and below, because I'm a playoff contender but still not top tier. I definitely try to rely on the draft, not FA.

Yankees: #AllRise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »