Home

Should I make this move?

This is a discussion on Should I make this move? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Should I make this move?

My defensive line is pretty solid across the board. I have three guys who each out up over ten sacks last season:

RE Charles Johnson (98 overall actual rating, not in-scheme rating) 13 sacks
DT1 Star Lotulelei (92 overall) 12 sacks
LE Greg Hardy aka the Kraken (99 overall) 30 sacks

My #2 DT is rated 80 and doesn't seem to be involved in many plays. He gets a tackle every once in a while and a sack here and there, but not much of a presence. I recently picked up Cornelius Washington in free agency who has some rare physical skills with 85 speed, 91 strength and 89 acceleration. His intangibles are pretty low and his overall rating is 69. At 6'4", 265 lbs, he's built more like a DE and that's the position he was drafted as and even played OLB in college. But I'm thinking if I improve his intangibles, I can plug him in at the #2 DT position and generate a ridiculous pass rush. His speed and power inside combined with the other guys around him should make for a potent combination. But I'm wondering if he's too small to play inside on a consistent basis. He's actually stronger and has better Block Shedding than my current player at that position and I can always improve his Awareness, FMV, PRC, etc.

My question is: will the CPU treat him as a player playing out of position because of his weight or will it just see his attributes and play according to his ratings?

Last edited by macbranson; 01-01-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Should I make this move?

Seeing him as "out of position" would affect his OVR only, I believe. STR, BSH, ACC, and AGI along with PRC and TKL should be what determines his on the field production. I'm not sure how much the SPD will help a DT other than occasions when he's in pursuit outside the hashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Should I make this move?

Why not move to a 3-4 defense? I did it with the Panthers and it worked out great for me.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Should I make this move?

I think his speed would be helpful in pressuring the QB. The DTs have the shortest path to the QB, so once he gets off a block, his speed and acceleration will get him in the QB's face immediately.

I don't have the personnel to move to a 3-4 defense. Did u keep Johnson and Hardy as Defensive ends? They're pretty strong, but I don't think they're big or strong enough for a 3-4 defense. Plus my LB's aren't built for that. They're all fairly small (around 230-240 lbs) but fast and not really strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »