Home

Is it just me???

This is a discussion on Is it just me??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Is it just me???

I've been playing next gen since M10. And even though I find M25 to be pretty good, enjoyable etc. the flow of the game just doesn't match the old IMO.

I played gamecube for madden 06-07-08 and found the games to just "feel" more real. IN next gen it seems the cpu (or even my) QB is either really hot or really cold. I'm either jumping out to big leads and hanging on, or trying to come from way back. Games are so high scoring with both teams regularly going over 400 yards of offense....feels too much like Arena football at time. Old Gen didn't have "superman mode" where the cpu just decides his running back is going for a TD no matter how many of my guys hit him.As I've adjusted sliders, I'm finding M25 getting better....and I'm enjoying this version MORe than the previous ps3 gen versions. I'm hoping that continued slider adjustments help the game flow but the games still feel somewhat....awkward?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it just me???

I agree 100% but when you find a slider set that is both competitive and realistic, this game's a blast.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Have you tried my slider set? Many average players find it enjoyable. If you have good stick skills, you may find that my sliders make running too easy.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
MVP

I'm using Jarrods red set and the games are very competitive...it's just the feel of the game that's off...too much offense and these ridiculous momentum shifts. The games feel like...first I dominate...then the cpu dominates and back and forth...there is just no "natural" flow...it's hard to explain but the 2nd gen madden just had a better flow to them. You'd exchange punts once in a while, there was no real momementum etc.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Not feeling that Mj. I love the flow of my games most of the time. It is not predictable. One week I can completely dominate the CPU, some weeks we are in a shoot out. Some weeks I get trucked, some weeks we have some defensive battles most of the game before someone breaks through. Lot's of variation. And as far as the flow.....I have had a great feel for the games.

One thing I have noticed though is I am in the post season of year 2 in my Dolphins CFM. Both seasons I struggled to 9-7 records.....yet in the post season I have been great. My team all of a sudden just turns it on. I hope I did not jinx myself as I am playing my AFC Title game tonight at New England who I thrashed 56-3 (by far the biggest blow out I have had on this game yet and blow outs are not something that has happened often for me in this CFM) in week 17 to slip into the post season as a 6 seed.

We shall see.

But overall for me Madden 25 has been the joy of joys for me. I can't seem to stop playing.....something I have not said about Madden football in 10 years.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
Rookie

SebsterDos's Arena

Speaking of madden 08, I got a car power converter and a portable tv, and played it on my way back from florida (I live in Ohio, 16 hour drive) (Gamecube) and I did notice that the height of the 6'4" Marques Colston ACTUALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE, he would be able to outjump the 5'11" DBs. This was about the only reassuring quality of madden 08 though.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Not feeling that Mj. I love the flow of my games most of the time. It is not predictable. One week I can completely dominate the CPU, some weeks we are in a shoot out. Some weeks I get trucked, some weeks we have some defensive battles most of the game before someone breaks through. Lot's of variation. And as far as the flow.....I have had a great feel for the games.

One thing I have noticed though is I am in the post season of year 2 in my Dolphins CFM. Both seasons I struggled to 9-7 records.....yet in the post season I have been great. My team all of a sudden just turns it on. I hope I did not jinx myself as I am playing my AFC Title game tonight at New England who I thrashed 56-3 (by far the biggest blow out I have had on this game yet and blow outs are not something that has happened often for me in this CFM) in week 17 to slip into the post season as a 6 seed.

We shall see.

But overall for me Madden 25 has been the joy of joys for me. I can't seem to stop playing.....something I have not said about Madden football in 10 years.
Glad you are enjoying it and good luck in the post season....but you just hit on something that points out my issues...you torched NE 56-3???? You know how far removed that is from real life? I could NEVER do that on 2nd Gen Madden 07 or 08. Not your fault..not criticizing you....but when that stuff happens to me I feel...like REally???? Then the next week I'll play some winless team and lose by the same score or something ridiculous...THAT's the stuff that is bugging me. 2nd gen just seemed more consistent. I may beat NE in a game with Miami but it would have to be because I got some breaks, turnovers etc and maybe I win by 10. Anyway..I do agree that M25 has OVERALL been good....I just have to keep monkeying with the sliders.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Just started!

Right,I agree 100% but when you find a slider set that is both competitive and realistic, this game's a blas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »