Home

Inquiries concerning upgrades/progression?

This is a discussion on Inquiries concerning upgrades/progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Inquiries concerning upgrades/progression?

Good morning. I've set the CPU progression for the end of the season. With that stated, if I upgrade my players every week during the pre season/season, will I be cheating the CPU seeing that they'll have to wait until the end of the season?

If that is the case, I don't plan on upgrading my players every week at all. I'll wait until the end of the season also.

Is that even how this all works folks, or is upgrade different from progression? I'm confused here. Bottom line is I need to ensure that I'm not in any way getting an edge on the CPU controlled teams. I would like all of my upgrades/progressions to happen at the same pace as the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Inquiries concerning upgrades/progression?

You have an edge innately over the CPU because they tend to be pretty terrible at upgrading their players (and yours if you auto progress a player)

But yes, if you set the CPU progression to end of season and progress your players in season you do have a leg up.

Also, if you want to be more equal with the CPU, don't practice because the CPU doesn't practice.

And I'm almost 100% sure that upgrade is the same thing as progression. You upgrade a player and they progress
Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Inquiries concerning upgrades/progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
You have an edge innately over the CPU because they tend to be pretty terrible at upgrading their players (and yours if you auto progress a player)

But yes, if you set the CPU progression to end of season and progress your players in season you do have a leg up.

Also, if you want to be more equal with the CPU, don't practice because the CPU doesn't practice.

And I'm almost 100% sure that upgrade is the same thing as progression. You upgrade a player and they progress
Appreciate the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »