Home

Resigning Players in connected franchise contract question

This is a discussion on Resigning Players in connected franchise contract question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Resigning Players in connected franchise contract question

In my career I have Dion Jordan who has been a beast for me the whole time I had him now now its contract time!

He was 6 years 104 Mil

I will be keeping him his whole career I need to know if its better for my teams salary cap if I give him a Huge signing bonus and minimum salary or if what every way I do it he is still gonna put a big hurt on the cap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Resigning Players in connected franchise contract question

Signing bonus can lower cap hit but is guaranteed so if u cut him it'll be applied to the cap.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
Signing bonus can lower cap hit but is guaranteed so if u cut him it'll be applied to the cap.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Alright thanks, I know for a fact I will be keeping him so a bigger bonus for a lower cap hit sounds perfect right about now haha
Old 01-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Pro

I know you said he's been playing well, but does he have a high overall rating? I'd like to know because my left tackle who plays pretty well is only rated 88 overall, but he's a 97 in my scheme. I just let my long time Left Tackle Jordan Gross go last season for cap reasons, now this new guy wants a 6 year $60 million contract. I can't afford that!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

If you sign throughout the season it is alot easier, in my Minnesota dynstey I saved all the money and gave Kahli a 110 mill contract and Harrison, Walsh, Allen and a few others good deals. And had a lot to use in FA.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question..........

What if a player is asking for a one year deal in the FA period. Would it be wise or more appealing to the player as far as trying to sign him to give him a 2 year deal or do I need to stick with the one year deal and maybe give him more than he's asking for money wise?My brother tends to think by giving him more years that it would be more appealing to sign that player but I think that giving him more years than he is asking for is a red flag ) when I say him, I meaning the player I'm signing which is the cpu. I feel the cpu programming will be more likely to sign when you stick close to what they want as far as years wise )
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
I have a question..........

What if a player is asking for a one year deal in the FA period. Would it be wise or more appealing to the player as far as trying to sign him to give him a 2 year deal or do I need to stick with the one year deal and maybe give him more than he's asking for money wise?My brother tends to think by giving him more years that it would be more appealing to sign that player but I think that giving him more years than he is asking for is a red flag ) when I say him, I meaning the player I'm signing which is the cpu. I feel the cpu programming will be more likely to sign when you stick close to what they want as far as years wise )

I usually stick to what they want. But have given out a lesser year contract remember if you don't give guarentted money you could waive him down the road with no penalty

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #8
Banned

If you sign throughout the season it is alot easier,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »