Home

Fixing QB sim stats in CFM

This is a discussion on Fixing QB sim stats in CFM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Fixing QB sim stats in CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I only really plan to play 3 or 4 years of CFM so that doesn't bother me. I looked over that thread briefly today (I think I posted in it way back when the game first came out!) but not too deeply. Is there any consensus on a formula to adjust the QBs AWR league wide? I would prefer if I could just adjust awareness since accuracy would probably have a bigger impact on ingame gameplay and I like where my sliders are at. Like does raising every QB by 10 fix it? What about by 15?

Secondly I plan to use custom draft classes that others have made on here (I'm on PS3). I assume the non-import draft classes suffer from the same poor QB stats, is it possible to raise the AWR attribute in the draft class? If I bought NCAA 14 could I do that for the top tier QBs? Not sure how they work really or if that's possible or if theres another way to edit draft classes.
The "quick fix" is to simply run a sim test for season one and make note of which QB stats are "deficient" and then raise those players AWR to the value range of those whose stats are acceptable...

I'm pretty sure all the starters need to be in the 80's and the "elites" in the mid 90's with those in between in the 90 range...

I'm not sure how to edit the draft classes, so insight on that will have to come from elsewhere...

I used some from EBay for 2012 and 2013 and went to the Madden generated after that, for the reasons you detail...

QBs are coming out too low to compete for jobs, etc...
Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

I know people edited qb awr/acc all that but I actually found the key is to edit all the wr/te's AWR. No one thinks awr matters to wr's but it's huge. For the past 2 years AWR is what I always focused on for my wr's and it really seems to impact the qb's ACC.

Regardless, after 5 or 6 seasons it doesn't matter as another poster eluded to. The stats will revert back. I tried controlling all 32 teams so I could control player upgrades but the stats are so bad none of the players have XP. You can't do a whole lot when guys get 7-8k XP for the whole season. And there is no way I could practice for 32 teams. Not giving the CPU practice XP just kills the CFM experience.

It's not just qb stats either. I know no one pays attention because they are punters but there stats are way out of whack. The NFL record for punts in a season is 112. I think I had one season where 12 punters had over that amount and one was at 140+. Also, defensive int return yardage and td's are broken. IRL you might get 2 or 3 guys with 3 maybe 4 defensive td's. In Madden, there will be like 20-25 guys. I had one season where T.Decoud had 7. C.Woodson tied the NFL record this year with 13! for his entire career. There are 14 players who have 13+ career return td's 7 seasons into my CFM.

The sim engine issues just boggle my mind. They have years of statistical data at their fingertips and they either fail to use it or fail to execute. I think the problem is not enough people care. I have a degree in probability and statistics so it matters to me but the average gamer could care less. And online players don't care about stats. It seems those who are into the true sim experience are the minority. The game is geared towards online play and MUT and all the rest. Maybe online is what really killed the game because I don't see a shift towards sim anytime in the near future.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

I do 32 team cfm and supersim all cpu v cpu games at 6 minute quarters. Not perfect but MUCH better than regular sims.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Not giving the CPU practice XP just kills the CFM experience.

The sim engine issues just boggle my mind. They have years of statistical data at their fingertips and they either fail to use it or fail to execute. I think the problem is not enough people care. I have a degree in probability and statistics so it matters to me but the average gamer could care less. And online players don't care about stats. It seems those who are into the true sim experience are the minority. The game is geared towards online play and MUT and all the rest. Maybe online is what really killed the game because I don't see a shift towards sim anytime in the near future.
Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more with you... and it's really sad to think that a product with so much potential is being sold so short. I mean, when they can't fix a simple thing like being able to view defense stats across the NFL in CCM... you know you're screwed. -_-
Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Just did a brief study using SuperSim stats and comparing to real life stats from NFL.com.

In my 32 team CFM I SuperSim'd every game with 6 minute quarters. I'm only 4 weeks in, so that's 63 games - a big enough sample to get good data.

SuperSim Real Life
Comp % 56% 61.1%

Y/Att 6.15 7.13

Att/G 36.45 35.42

Yds/G 224.9 235.6

TD/G 1.1 1.57

Int/G 0.7 0.98

TD-Int 2.34 1.88

Sacks/G 1.81 2.53

Pts./G 19.6 23.5

Overall, I'd say the numbers are really good. It is time consuming to go in and SuperSim every game, but the passing stats are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the regular sim engine. The only oddity in the data is that completion percentages and yards per attempt are lower than RL, but the TD-Int ratio is higher.

*Note:* Completion percentage was calculated as the average of each teams' completion percentage so that it wouldn't be weighed more heavily towards teams that pass more.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Just did a brief study using SuperSim stats and comparing to real life stats from NFL.com.

In my 32 team CFM I SuperSim'd every game with 6 minute quarters. I'm only 4 weeks in, so that's 63 games - a big enough sample to get good data.

SuperSim Real Life
Comp % 56% 61.1%

Y/Att 6.15 7.13

Att/G 36.45 35.42

Yds/G 224.9 235.6

TD/G 1.1 1.57

Int/G 0.7 0.98

TD-Int 2.34 1.88

Sacks/G 1.81 2.53

Pts./G 19.6 23.5

Overall, I'd say the numbers are really good. It is time consuming to go in and SuperSim every game, but the passing stats are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the regular sim engine. The only oddity in the data is that completion percentages and yards per attempt are lower than RL, but the TD-Int ratio is higher.

*Note:* Completion percentage was calculated as the average of each teams' completion percentage so that it wouldn't be weighed more heavily towards teams that pass more.

Those are some encouraging numbers. What difficulty level do you use? I only ask because I was testing this a little bit and noticed this impacted the sim stats. The sliders don't seem to impact but when I went from all-madden to all-pro the int's went down considerably.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:11 AM   #15
MVP

mjavon's Arena

On All-Madden. Haven't compared with a different difficulty but teams typically play as you'd expect (it doesn't seem to matter which team is 'user controlled'). You won't see the Broncos lose to the Jaguars (maybe like 2% of the time you would).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »