Home

Age and XP in CFM/Young Players List/CFM Questions

This is a discussion on Age and XP in CFM/Young Players List/CFM Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Age and XP in CFM/Young Players List/CFM Questions

Hey guys while progressing players it says the XP price is dependent upon factors including their age.

This seems more evident than ever this season, for example in my fantasy draft team I have shattered all the records with Adrian Peterson, who is superstar development, and am a "strategist" coach, but he barely gets any XP at age 28.

This actually leads to my 1st question.

1. When I started the franchise, I was using the Ravens with coach Harbauge who was level 28. I transferred the team to a gameface new coach, who is level 1. Will my players gain more XP when my coach levels up after the season? Would they be gaining more XP if I had stayed with Harbaugh who is level 28? I moved the players to the Chargers for the uniforms but also because I had read in the manual I believe that packages were cheaper for higher level coaches but packages like QB XP boost HB XP boost etc were actually more expensive for Harbaugh. It doesn;t really seem to matter now as in my 1st season with my other coach I bought all the XP boost packages and have a ton of XP I don't really need.

Anyways, since older players seem to barely get XP, it figures that the youngest players in the game get XP the fastest, or atleast get XP at the fastest rate for the longest before they start declining.

This actually leads to my 2nd question.

2. In my franchise I set my scheme to "Zone Run", and it seemed a player who was getting XP faster than anyone else despite being just "normal" development was my RG Brandon Brooks, whose personal scheme which you can see in the fantasy draft screen was zone run. It would make sense that players whose scheme matches your team scheme get XP fastest, has anyone else noticed this?

So those are my questions, now what I'm thinking about for this thread if anyone else is interested and wants to help, I'm thinking of putting together a list by position starting with the youngest players, and it could include their development and traits, as well as the scheme that they fit.

Also another key thing that could be included is for each position which stats are the most expensive to upgrade into the 90's, like elusiveness or stamina or whatever it is for RBs for example.

This knowledge could be very helpful to putting together a list of the best young players to build a draft around or trade for. For example my rookie SS Vaccaro has hit power in the 90's, and upgrading it cost a ****load of XP, so most SS that don't have a good POW aren't going to get it, so you need to get one who already has it if you want it.

If anyone does want to help, just pick a position, sort by age from the youngest, and list any players that might be worth having on your team. Remember to use the latest roster update so we're all on the same page.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »