Home

EA Sports and the NFL "Still Have a Number of Years" on License

This is a discussion on EA Sports and the NFL "Still Have a Number of Years" on License within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #25
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: EA Sports and the NFL "Still Have a Number of Years" on License

No real surprise here. EA isn't going to stop making Madden, exclusive deal or non-exclusive. I think the odds are slim at 2K or another developer attempting to make a sim football game.

I am enjoying M25, and feel like the current Madden team has the game moving in a positive direction.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #26
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
Man, What The [Expletive]. . . . . . . .
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #27
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Screw EA. I'm done. At first, I wasn't going to buy a Madden game until there was competition on consoles, and I haven't since Madden 08. Now, I'm just not going to purchase EA games in general. I understand that means missing on some good games too but I am FED UP with this exclusive nonsense. Business is business, but when it undermines the basic things people deserve, such as options when purchasing a product (and I don't care if there are mobile or other types of NFL games because that's not where I would want to play a football sim), then that's blatant disrespect to consumers, whether or not they can deem it legal. Screw the NFL and EA. This has got to change.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 AM   #28
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
The conference call to tell all for TakeTwo and the future of the NFL 2K series. Here's the link http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zht...&p=irol-irhome so you can listen live on Monday Feb. 3rd 4:30pm eastern, coincidentally the day after the Super Bowl! The date has me suspect that something potentially huge is about to go down, my fingers and toes are crossed!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #29
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
I love how everyone is hating on EA for this... you should be mad at the NFL. EA was smart enough to pony up the cash. 2k wasn't thats on them. EA made a great business and people here on OS give them crud for it? why? because they don't know how business works. If there is anyone to blame it is the NFL and how they conduct exclusive licenses.

And BTW if you think 2k5 or APF are better than Madden 25 (especially next gen), then you're just crazy biased.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I love how everyone is hating on EA for this... you should be mad at the NFL. EA was smart enough to pony up the cash. 2k wasn't thats on them. EA made a great business and people here on OS give them crud for it? why? because they don't know how business works. If there is anyone to blame it is the NFL and how they conduct exclusive licenses.

And BTW if you think 2k5 or APF are better than Madden 25 (especially next gen), then you're just crazy biased.
I agree with the first part but not the 2nd. Just because the game is newer doesn't make it better. Some people, like myself just don't like madden at all. I bought madden 25 on PS4 and i can honestly say madden 08 was better
Old 01-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #31
Rookie

The NFL only deals in exclusives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #32
Rookie

The NFL only deals in exclusives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »