Home

Just got the game and have some questions

This is a discussion on Just got the game and have some questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2
Just got the game and have some questions

I apologize for the lengthy post beforehand. I'm on the 360 version, btw.

1. Trade logic is ridiculous this year and seems completely f'd up. I tried to trade 99 rated, 24-year-old JJ Watt to a team whose #1 need was LE, and absolutely nothing would go through. I tried a bunch of different combinations of Janoris Jenkins (84), Sean Weatherspoon (82), a 75ish rated OL (can't remember who), and draft picks (1st to 3rd round). The only thing that went through was JJ straight up for Davone Bess (which is absurd). I couldn't even get Bess + a draft pick. Just Bess alone. What gives? Is there a secret to trading in this game? If I could just get some tips on how to pull some draft picks from other teams, that would be great.

2. Is there no fantasy draft cheat sheet online for this game like every other Madden? I can't find one anywhere. If not, does anybody have any fantasy draft tips or rounds where certain players are near guaranteed to go? Btw, please don't link me to that YT vid that was posted on here a while ago, because it just said a bunch of obvious stuff and wasn't really helpful.

3. Are there any CCM glitches that I need to worry about this year? I heard about this white sleeve glitch, and that there is a workaround by playing practice mode? But apparently there's ANOTHER glitch that practice mode causes?! I swear, EA sucks.

4. Whenever I start up a new CCM with a fantasy draft, no matter what roster I use, the ratings of a lot of players drop like crazy for seemingly no reason. Is this because of schemes? Because that is really dumb. Schemes should have taken a hike this year. There is no reason Haloti Ngata should drop to a 79 from a 95. I don't care what "scheme" he's in. In real life or in Madden, at any position on the DL, the man is a monster and never a 79. Ridiculous.

5. Any glitches or things I need to watch out for in NCAA 14 imported draft classes? One thing I noticed was that the ages are all messed up. Too many players are coming in at 24 and 25 years old when they should be 21 and 22. Any way to fix that?

6. As far as manually progressing players in CCM, can you upgrade ANY stat of any player on your team, or are there some stats that you can never improve?

7. I assume there is nothing in Coach CCM that you CAN'T do in Owner CCM?

8. I heard that some of the sliders are messed up, with some being reversed? I also heard that the CPU tackling slider affects their kicking game (wtf?) Are either of these true?

9. What are some good offline PvP sliders that aren't too difficult?

Any feedback would be immensely appreciated. I know I have more but that's all I can think of now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Just got the game and have some questions

1. Team Builder coach and the trade influence package make it easier to trade. You can see who wants your players by going to manual trade, adding them, and scrolling through teams. As you cycle teams it will show the interest of the previous team you just passed (that's right)

2. Start a fantasy draft and see where the players you want go. If you're doing offline fantasy draft you can save it during the draft and reload it if the player you want gets taken. If you play online you can expect to be routinely "disconnected from EA" during the game, it's the most fun in the 4th quarter.

4. Overall rating dropping because of scheme fit doesnt effect the players on the field. Its to keep CPU teams from picking randoms like in the past and get players that fit their scheme.

6. Some stats you can't improve, some stats you need to change players positions during the offseason to improve. To add pass rush moves to a MLB move them to OLB. To upgrade pass rush moves for cheaper, move a DE or DT to OLB.

8. Sliders are ****ed, auto subs don't seem to work at all, speed threshold doesn't seem to stop fast players being caught by slow ones no matter what it's set.

If you go to the hows yourCCM going thread starting at the most recent posts and work back I posted my fantasy draft order, it will be a few pages back, others have done the saem
Old 02-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
Rookie

PaperExplosives's Arena

3. I wouldn't say CCM is glitched, it's just ridiculous and a lot of what happens makes no sense whatsoever. Then again, it is EA. Maybe there are glitches someone can clarify on because I'm not 100% sure. Edit: I just played a game and yes there is a glitch where defenders occasionally get RIDICULOUS bursts of speed and come flying across the screen to tackle you. It doesn't happen often, and when it does I usually just laugh because it looks hilarious.

5. It's not a glitch. A LOT of players in NCAA 14 stay until their senior year. Johnny Manziel stayed until his senior year for me along with a lot of other players who could have easily come out after their sophomore year. The import has no problem (surprise surprise).

7. Yes. Coaches can do everything the owner can that doesn't involve prices, stadium building or team relocating. You still draft, trade, sign and release players.

9. Depends on what kind of gameplay you're looking for. Check the madden sliders forum there's plenty of good sliders. Everyone, however, is different, so you may have to adjust the sliders you find to fit the type of gameplay you're looking for.

Last edited by PaperExplosives; 02-16-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Give a proper answer to a question
Old 02-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

10. Any notable players removed since launch other than Ryan Swope and Thomas Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperExplosives

5. It's not a glitch. A LOT of players in NCAA 14 stay until their senior year. Johnny Manziel stayed until his senior year for me along with a lot of other players who could have easily come out after their sophomore year. The import has no problem (surprise surprise).
Yeah, I get that people stay in college. That's not really what I'm talking about. It seems to be a general problem with all the imported NCAA draft classes (I think 12 and 13 had this problem, too). It basically doesn't seem to matter how old the player is or what class they were in college, most players come in too old (many at 24 and 25, which is ridiculous). Even if Manziel stayed until his junior or senior year, he would only be 22 or 23. Same with most seniors. But he's coming in at 24 and sometimes 25 even as a sophomore. It just seems random, which is really dumb. It decreases the value of a lot of rookies.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioTheBeast
6. Some stats you can't improve, some stats you need to change players positions during the offseason to improve. To add pass rush moves to a MLB move them to OLB. To upgrade pass rush moves for cheaper, move a DE or DT to OLB.
Well more specifically can you improve the athleticism attributes, like SPD, STR, AGI, THP, KPW, etc.?

Also, good call on saving during the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
Well more specifically can you improve the athleticism attributes, like SPD, STR, AGI, THP, KPW, etc.?

Also, good call on saving during the draft.

Most of those you can improve, however it's cheaper at certain positions, so it's best to save a bunch of XP for the offseason so you can move players.

For example I had DT Suh and Poe as 4-3 DTs, in the offseason I Moved them to OLB (you have to move them to DE first, then olb), where it was much cheaper to upgrade their strength. I got Suh up to 99 and Poe up to 98 (didn't have as much XP saved)

Then I moved Suh back to DE and Poe to NT as I switched to a 3-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiel26
Oh God yes it takes forever... Couple tricks in the offseason..

During the resigning period trade for young players with expiring contracts and resign them for dirt cheap to long term deals. These will be the guys you spend time on building for the next six years for pennies.. Or just sign some guys in FA that are cheap and fit your scheme.

Save some XP
1. Move CBs to SS to upgrade their tackle/hit power, way cheaper.
2. Move FS/SS to CB to upgrade man/zone way cheaper.
3. Move DT/DE to OLB to upgrade power/finesse/strength.(have to move DTs to DE then OLB)
4. Move RB/TE to FB to upgrade RB/PB
5. Move RB/FB to TE to upgrade catching/route running/release. (Have to move RB to FB then to TE)
(Never move to RB/FB/TE to WR... WR cant be changed)

Also when drafting or signing players look for players based with high skills n low IQ.. U can find guys for dirt cheap that have great speed/strength/agility but very low awareness. Although very tedious is way cheaper to build a guys IQ up than it is to build a guys speed up.

One last trick is that when u have players that rarely play get injured, put them on IR and sign or trade for another player. Your injured player still gets XP from games/practices as well so u essentially get extra players to build up for trades or replacing your own free agents.

Oh never draft a FB, always draft a late round running back and move him over to FB b4 u start ur season. Much easier to add RB/PB to a converted FB than it is to add speed/catching to a drafted FB.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html
Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

Thanks man.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #8
Rookie

1- trades are stupid, i have a hard time getting them fair or not getting lambasted
2- i made my own. one thing is it's never the same and when you pick a player where he wouldnt normally get picked (let's say you pick 1.6 and take N Suh, you'll alter all picks that WOULD have happened had you taken brees or whoever the cpu slates there)
so things change drastically, CPU is very reactive. I've noticed that the team that'd normally take N Suh will just take teh next rated DT so its not THAT crazy.

6 - no. stats you can upgrade are based off of position. a RB cant upgrade KPower
OLinemen have like 6 things to upgrade, including pbk/rbk/impblk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »