Home

Man Coverage Defensive Audible for all Players

This is a discussion on Man Coverage Defensive Audible for all Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Man Coverage Defensive Audible for all Players

Sorry if stupid question, but what is the quickest way to put all my linebackers in man-to-man coverage? Same for DEs.

There is always so little time to make defensive audibles and my general preference is to have all my defensive players in man coverage (basically no rush since interceptions are so easy in this game and my linebackers are fairly speedy). Doing it manually for every player takes too long.

Any suggestions as well as to the best defensive schemes to use for man coverage (2 Man Under?).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Man Coverage Defensive Audible for all Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknhoj1983
Sorry if stupid question, but what is the quickest way to put all my linebackers in man-to-man coverage? Same for DEs.

There is always so little time to make defensive audibles and my general preference is to have all my defensive players in man coverage (basically no rush since interceptions are so easy in this game and my linebackers are fairly speedy). Doing it manually for every player takes too long.

Any suggestions as well as to the best defensive schemes to use for man coverage (2 Man Under?).

No, as you know that's total cheese & EA is looking to do away with that type of play. They will never cater to it. I look forward to crushing this style when I shoot at the rankings next year. I have some tips but not gonna say, maybe you already know. Hate people who play like this but it's really exploitable if you know what you're doing.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

For what it's worth, I only play off-line games against the computer so I'm not looking to exploit players online. I just like to get INTs with my linebackers and DE. If you do know how to do it, please PM me or share.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknhoj1983
For what it's worth, I only play off-line games against the computer so I'm not looking to exploit players online. I just like to get INTs with my linebackers and DE. If you do know how to do it, please PM me or share.
You'll get more INT's as well as sacks if you can effectively zone blitz and slightly less with m2m blitzes, call them more than 50% of the time. Requires some solid user control. Of course this results in getting burned a few times but is a better defensive strategy imo than a consistent cover 2 for your goal. This somewhat depends on your slider settings. Up your De's PRC & AWR, drop back 1 of them on the blitzes. With some trial and error you should be able to get a got feel for this.

Last edited by Dynastyyy; 02-19-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
Banned

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
Banned

Just to clarify you'll almost definitely get more ints, especially with you LB's if you put pressure on the qb. Unless you DL is beastly WR's will break their routes and get free after a while. That's why if you play a cover 2 man you really need 3 CB's with solid man & press coverage % and some good pass rush. Good DE's can impede TE's on the line but LB's play a better zone & almost never catch corner routes on my sliders anyways. Their int rate increases by zone blitzing from 1 side and dropping back on the other Put a few cb's in man coverage. LB man coverage is important but you'll get a lot more int's playing zone.

Last edited by Dynastyyy; 02-21-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:42 AM   #7
Just started!

I only play off-line games against the computer so I'm not looking to exploit players online.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #8
Banned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »