Home

Design Logos and Uniforms For the Next Madden NFL with a Chance to See Them In-Game

This is a discussion on Design Logos and Uniforms For the Next Madden NFL with a Chance to See Them In-Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #41
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Design Logos and Uniforms For the Next Madden NFL with a Chance to See Them In-Ga

If they just want some better uniforms they already have thousands on teambuilder.... Just give us back the ability to make our own in game. Even with the generic logos in past games, I could create something close to old USFL and WFL teams. Also liked to recreate the teams from my jobs fantasy league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #42
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan5Covers
If you win you get a free copy of the game.... You only have to win one of the teams contests as well..

People are way over thinking this. I dont understand why people are so against this. I would call myself a good designer and i think this is really cool. Its just the people that dont have the tools to make things are getting mad. Seriously.... just because you cannot create it the way you want it doesnt mean it wont look good.
BucksFan the problem is like the guy who you quoted said, losers will have their art show up in a game with zero compensation or acknowledgement and because it's a contest you won't actually own the material. Which also means you can't do anything about it.

I'd go nuts if I knew a marketing firm I was applying for for years just crowd sourced ideas for free and left me still searching for that opportunity. I'm not sure if designing is your job, but the two that really have complained clearly are. I'm sure they have tools, but know that this contest doesn't benefit their career in anyway.. And the possibility they use the art later with no credit.

Let me ask you this.. Would you be upset if your Columbus Aviator design lost, but in say two years it showed up in game. You got no free game, no money, no credit. Would you be upset you did all that work and not a person outside OS and your friends know who did it?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Design Logos and Uniforms For the Next Madden NFL with a Chance to See Them In-Ga

The info on EA says they will review better names and city options. Idk what you think, but I think the logos can be used as multiple names. And anything with a little taste fould create beyter color schemes like the golden eagles with green and red unis...( someone shoulda been slapped for that one).

I really hope they give us the a ility to choose the city, the logo, and the name seperatly. I don't want to be stuck with 3 choices. If there are 3 team names for every city that the commentary will say....how hard would it be for the team names to he substituted...such as Brooklyn black nights or Los Angeles thunderbirds

Ex:
Black nights logo could be Spartans
Diablo could be devils, demons,

huskies could be timber wolves

Redwoods R logo could be raptors or different city like Richmond something

The capitals C logo could be used for anything stating with a C

I for one don't ever see a NFL team being named Egyptians,dreams,all stars, conquistadors, Celtic tigers, Mounties, monarchs, river hogs, snowhawks (there is already Seahawks). There is already an eagles team
..so why would there be a golden eagles?
Just about anything could be better than the crap they gave us this year like having a huskies team with a blue/white logo and brown and gold unis

Last edited by jjerickson1382; 02-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #44
Rookie

oathofsilence's Arena

OVR: 1

EA finally wants to get creative by making something new, rather than updating old **** every year and they immediately crowd source it xD

2K... I hope you were making source codes for football games while EA had that licensing deal in the bag, because (and thank **** for this) it ran out last year.

Awaiting a better company to put out a quality product.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #45
Rookie

didnt madden used have like 50 plus cities to choose from?
cities I'd like to see are:
Boston
Milwaukee
anchorage (or Alaska in general like Minnesota or Arizona, and carolina)
Hawaii as a state also

Team names I'd like to see are:
Spartans
Wildcats
raptors
yellow jackets or hornets
Devils
some form of wolf...
sharks
vipers or some other cool snake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #46
Banned

Icon12 Re: Design Logos and Uniforms For the Next Madden NFL with a Chance to See Them In-Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMeDy
Please people, do not sign up for this. You could not only hurt yourself, but hurt the job market for graphic designers.
Don't really know how this contest could hurt me, since this is not a career I'm interested in. I do this type of stuff all the time, just for fun. So I really don't care if they use my designs for free. It would be quite an honor if they picked one of my designs. That's enough for me, wouldn't need any other prize.

As for hurting the job market for graphic designers.... I couldn't care less about that. Bet it doesn't hurt the job market much at all anyways. If they are talented, someone will hire them. If not... oh well.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #47
Rookie

I just hope they seriously consider different team nicknames. does anyone else here think that nfl would have a team name such as:

Egyptians - people already hate the redskins team name...would probably just cause more issues

Snowhawks - already have seahawks

Nighthawks- how many hawks does the nfl need?

Golden eagles- philly would be angry

Mounties- sorry but i dont even think canada would back that.

river hogs- doesnt razorback just sound cooler? and isnt it the same animal?

Beats- just dont see any city wishing they had a music note logo

Yanks- pretty sure that was/is a slang term for americans

Redwoods- is their fanzone named the forest? or branch city

Caps- bottle caps?

armadillos- really? they couldnt find a better animal?

Orbits- just no.....

Hounds- could do better simply by adding blood in front of it...bloodhounds.

Bisons- thats a "meh" for me

Dreams- really?...what dream do you play for

All stars- dont we have a probowl roster for that?

Steamers- yes...just trow Cleveland in front of that and let puns begin

Tigers- yes...tigers vs bengals which cat is better...wait they are the same!

Elks- again....just no

Diablos- could do better simply by making it english! Devils

Dreadnoughts- unless your a military man you have no clue what a dreadnought is.

Voyagers- again...just one word. "Really"?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #48
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
My vote is for TEAMBUILDER. Just let us do the teambuilder thing but allow us to relocate teams in the base roster not just in CC. I shouldn't have to control a bunch of different teams to change their location or stadiums.

Also let us use historic logos and uniforms from the NFL's past. Teambuilder would probably take care of that though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »