Home

Which stat increases a RB's ability to break tackles?

This is a discussion on Which stat increases a RB's ability to break tackles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Which stat increases a RB's ability to break tackles?

I would really love to know the answer to this.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Actually strength does play apart of the ability to truck a defender.

I have edited rosters with WR's and RB's with low strength ratings and high truck ratings and because of their low strength they very rarely truck/run over anyone.

In fact there are some Big Backs who don't have great strength and they go down rather easily upon contact.

You can also utilize the fight for extra yards trait if your looking for RB's or Big Physical WR's to break more tackles.

But IMO after years of editing Classic rosters i think the break tackle animations are way too arcade in Madden so id' rather make things look more realistic on the field keep the truck ratings and strength ratings pretty low accross the boards unless i'm rating someone like Earl Campbell or John Riggins.

Way too many players in Madden despite size is able to just lay someone out on the field just by using the truck ratings.
I agree 100 percent with everything you said. Keep the truck/strength ratings low except for elite players and lower hit power on defense and you see way less of the arcade tackles/collisions. You many more animations and players struggling and fighting for extra yards.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
I agree 100 percent with everything you said. Keep the truck/strength ratings low except for elite players and lower hit power on defense and you see way less of the arcade tackles/collisions. You many more animations and players struggling and fighting for extra yards.
I'd like to know if STR has any effect on tackle breaking at all. Or really any aspect of the game for that matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #12
Rookie

I have Hakeem Okonkwo boosted up to 99 STR and he didn't seem to be breaking many more tackles than usual on All-Madden.

I then boosted his SPD up to 90 as well, so he's now 90 SPD / 88 ACC. I haven't played much more since that point, but he may be breaking a bit more tackles now.

Speed / momentum may play a role in tackle breaking, possibly due to faster players changing the angles that the CPU players are tackling them from. There may be certain angles and mathematics that produce more broken tackles, and faster RBs may end up getting these angles more frequently than slower RBs. That's my current theory at the moment.

That and ELU might be the most important tackle-breaking stat in general.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
I have Hakeem Okonkwo boosted up to 99 STR and he didn't seem to be breaking many more tackles than usual on All-Madden.

I then boosted his SPD up to 90 as well, so he's now 90 SPD / 88 ACC. I haven't played much more since that point, but he may be breaking a bit more tackles now.

Speed / momentum may play a role in tackle breaking, possibly due to faster players changing the angles that the CPU players are tackling them from. There may be certain angles and mathematics that produce more broken tackles, and faster RBs may end up getting these angles more frequently than slower RBs. That's my current theory at the moment.

That and ELU might be the most important tackle-breaking stat in general.
This is really disappointing, as I drafted a HB with 87 SPD, 94 STR, 93 TRK, and 89 SFA. I catch times here and there where he's rumbling through, but I feel like I won't really see a beast until he hits 99 TRK. The STR almost seems useless.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJazzyJefff23
This is really disappointing, as I drafted a HB with 87 SPD, 94 STR, 93 TRK, and 89 SFA. I catch times here and there where he's rumbling through, but I feel like I won't really see a beast until he hits 99 TRK. The STR almost seems useless.
Another theory, STR may come into play during stationary hits. Like, when you don't have a lot of momentum going, and your offensive player holding the ball is standing still or changing direction and he gets hit by a defender.

This would make more sense as to why QB's like Ben Roethlisberger and Cam Newton have higher STR ratings. If they get hit while in the pocket, it might increase the chance of them shrugging off the defender.

If that's the case, it's almost useless for a RB though, because you're rarely (if ever) standing still during a rushing play.

I suggest this because 6'8" 87 STR WR Shady Monroe does seem to shrug off a lot of tackles after the catch, and it's usually before he's built his speed up immediately after making the catch. He'll catch the ball on a 15-yard stop route, and then before he starts moving a CB will try to tackle him and that CB will just sort of bounce off of Shady.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #15
Banned

DSThom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Another theory, STR may come into play during stationary hits. Like, when you don't have a lot of momentum going, and your offensive player holding the ball is standing still or changing direction and he gets hit by a defender.

This would make more sense as to why QB's like Ben Roethlisberger and Cam Newton have higher STR ratings. If they get hit while in the pocket, it might increase the chance of them shrugging off the defender.

If that's the case, it's almost useless for a RB though, because you're rarely (if ever) standing still during a rushing play.
That is how I think STR works in regard to tackling. TRK is the attribute that matters when the player is moving forward with the ball. When he is stationary, or his momentum has been stopped, STR comes into play, as measure how difficult it is for a force to move him (including down to the ground). Based on watching a sheiss-load of Madden plays unfold.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »