Home

Signing free agents help

This is a discussion on Signing free agents help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Signing free agents help

Does anyone have a method of signing free agents that they would like to share? I've gone through enough offseasons to know that the money they desire is never what you can pay them because i always get beaten out by cpu teams in the last phase of free agency. Any tips or tricks for free agency?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Signing free agents help

The easiest way is to simply pay more. I usually take what they ask and go a little past the max he's asking for. I don't really sign the top FAs unless they are old and I am giving them a one year deal. At many positions there are lower rated guys that you call seal up cheap and long term that with a good season will be just as good as those top FAs. This applies at least to defensive players. Either way, if want to insure you get your guys you have to overpay.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Pro

Just like real life free agency, you want the too guy at a position then you are going to have to pay extra. Depends on how many offers the free agent gets. I rarely pick the top guy as you'll end up in a bidding war. The cap is easier to manage if you don't resign in season. I've found that most times you can get back your players for less once they go to f.a. unless they are young and top guys. Then you have to decide.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Bonus >>> Salary. Make their contract heavily bonus-based if you really want the player.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

WHat am I doing wrong?? or right i guess????? I'm overpaying all my players that I want. I won SS Eric Berry by paying him 35% more then what he was asking for. I have a team of all stars and I'm still $25m under the cap. This sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #6
Just started!

The cap is easier to manage if you don't resign in season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »