Home

EA, Please scrap the ratings system

This is a discussion on EA, Please scrap the ratings system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #9
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA, Please scrap the ratings system

It would be too hard to have those results for every player.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

the one thing i liked about fever was in dynasty mode the rating system is based on your players performance. if they play well they gain points and if they don't visa versa. so that way it did'nt matter if you're a star or not you still get rated according to your last performance.because the way madden is now all-pros get rated high regardless of what kinda season they had.like they still rate people like sapp, seau kearse,bettis and so too high
Old 03-04-2004, 04:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

poopie said:
the one thing i liked about fever was in dynasty mode the rating system is based on your players performance. if they play well they gain points and if they don't visa versa. so that way it did'nt matter if you're a star or not you still get rated according to your last performance.because the way madden is now all-pros get rated high regardless of what kinda season they had.like they still rate people like sapp, seau kearse,bettis and so too high

That's because of politics, overall team ratings, things like that.

That's how overrated linemen get the benefit of the doubt, because they live off their rep, and get high ratings in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2004, 05:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

if i were an nfl player, i'd play as hard as i could.so when the ratings come out and i play my boys i'd bragg that i had a better year.because you know nfl players play madden to death.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:36 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

this is ridiculous. I am going to view every player's 40 time? who has the time for that? you should just buy a PC game for manage only.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 17

speed needs to be redone, it shouldn't be the end all be all of a players worth. They need to make it possible to have WR's and other players be excellent players without 90+ speed. Jerry Rice is a good example. I remember they used to make Keyshawns speed in the 90's. They need to have route running, a more dynamic hands rating, ability for a guy to "get open", maybe have rooks or guys with low route running blow a route every now and then.

Playing time shouldn't always mean a rating increase, look at Troy Hambrick. On the same note, not getting playing time shouldn't lower your ratings. Another thing I dont understand is why players awareness goes down due to age. This is *** backwards. A players awareness should be darn near the only thing that increases as a player gets more experience, I agree physical attributes should drop with age but not mental.

Also whats with the coaching progression, I won a super bowl with parcells and he actually got much worse ratings wise, his knowledge and everything dropped...I wonder how a coach like Parcells can Lose knowledge from winning a super bowl

but along the lines of defensive players, they should have ratings for zone and man coverage, i believe they have this in that other nfl game but i dont wanna get into that, but some players should blow assignments from time to time.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:29 AM   #15
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the best player at a particular rating should get a 90, and everyone else should be compared to this player. This leaves room for improvement and seperates the best players at their respective positions from the rest. But then again, time on the field and total number of plays need to be factored in as well.

The tackle rating for example, should go something like this (I am basing this comparison on the 2003 Postseason totals from NFL.com). Dan Morgan had 49 total tackles, while David Thornton had 29. Assuming they played the same number of games (which they did not), Dan Morgan would have a tackle rating of 90, where as David Thornton would be 58.

There should also be no minimum rating. If Ray Lewis proves to be 90% better than Joe Linebacker, then his rating should be 90% better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 17

agreed on that, there is just too much gray area right now to guage players. If a LB is big, fast and strong, doesnt mean he'll pan out. I know the awareness rating factors in alot, but this rating goes down when a player nears the twilight of his career. There should be far more specific categories and far more difference in rating between the superstars and super scrubs.

I also think they should find better ways to rate a QB besides from throwpower and throwacc. SoMiss made a good point about Velocity as opposed to power, velocity being how many MPH you can throw the ball and power meaning how far you could throw it. Like Favre's velocity would be much higher than Jeff Garcias. Pretty much how much zip you can get, which affects how you throw the ball in windows of a zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »