Home

EA, Please scrap the ratings system

This is a discussion on EA, Please scrap the ratings system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: EA, Please scrap the ratings system

Quote:

BigTim said:
Speed should be the same kind of way, Vick can run a 4.33 40, so he gets the 99 speed

If you are going to use that is Vicks 40 time... can I use Randal Williams 4.04 40 and make him a 113 speed?
Old 03-06-2004, 08:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea they really need to fix this

for example, my fullbck for the colts (detteron smith, spelling) anyway he is a 73 or 74 overall and i looked at ever category for him and the highest he was rated in a category was 69 for his run block, so where do you get 73 overall from that, and i saw a few other fullbacks with the same situation, where their highest rating was lower than their overall
Old 03-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Bad_Intentions said:
agreed on that, there is just too much gray area right now to guage players. If a LB is big, fast and strong, doesnt mean he'll pan out. I know the awareness rating factors in alot, but this rating goes down when a player nears the twilight of his career. There should be far more specific categories and far more difference in rating between the superstars and super scrubs.

I also think they should find better ways to rate a QB besides from throwpower and throwacc. SoMiss made a good point about Velocity as opposed to power, velocity being how many MPH you can throw the ball and power meaning how far you could throw it. Like Favre's velocity would be much higher than Jeff Garcias. Pretty much how much zip you can get, which affects how you throw the ball in windows of a zone.

Doing this would effectively eliminate the increasing of certain players' throwing power to fit their overall rating, and would hopefully eliminate the restriction of scrambling QBs' awareness. I have an 89 rated QB with a 97 THP, 92 THA, 77 SPD, and 65 awareness. This means he'll be an "elite" QB at 80 awareness. From my experience of playing against the CPU, I've had more of a share with problems playing versus a 90 rated Pocket QB as opposed to playing against Vick. Vick seems to do stupid things like run into one of my DL just because of his awarenesss. Though I do think 80 awareness was right for Vick this year, his 95 overall rating will not let that go above like, 85.

Also I tend to think there's WAY TOO MANY low QB ratings in simmed games for the computer. It's a problem when the starter for the NFC Pro Bowl (Aaron Brooks) has a 77.6 QB rating.

I do like another extra throwing rating such as THV (throwing velocity) for QBs like someone suggested. Maybe even have another rating (QB release) even though the latter one is probably not make it in the game, but still would be nice to have. Not only would that make things more realistic, but EA wouldn't have to force someone's overall rating by giving players attributes they don't really have............
Old 03-07-2004, 03:15 AM   #20
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

BigTim said:
Speed should be the same kind of way, Vick can run a 4.33 40, so he gets the 99 speed

If you are going to use that is Vicks 40 time... can I use Randal Williams 4.04 40 and make him a 113 speed?

Wouldn't that 40 time make Randal Williams the fastest person to ever live
Old 03-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

BigTim said:

Haha yes, yes it would. That is why I listed it, 40 times are bogus.

Unless they are from the combine and electronic timed.

Which I am sure you guessed... his was not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2004, 07:27 PM   #22
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

BigTim said:

Oh, LOL....i understand what you where trying to say now
Old 03-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

conboy31 said:
Quote:

BigTim said:

Oh, LOL....i understand what you where trying to say now

yea you cant go by that, hmm

edit- whoa this is a pretty long quote thing
hmmmm, maybe, just maybe randall williams is the fastest man on earth

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »