Home

CPU XP USE - Team Scheme or Player Type

This is a discussion on CPU XP USE - Team Scheme or Player Type within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU XP USE - Team Scheme or Player Type

Does anyone know if the CPU upgrades players' attributes based on what the team's scheme player type is or the player's actual player type? For example, if a team has pass blocker set as their LT scheme but have a player who is a run blocker, would the CPU upgrade him as a pass blocker (team scheme) or a run blocker (the player's player type)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU XP USE - Team Scheme or Player Type

I just did a test, using auto progress, and it turns out the CPU upgrades attributes based on the individual's player type, not what is set in the team's scheme. My RT, who has a player type "run blocker", upgraded his run block by 2 points and awareness by 1 point, regardless of whether I had "pass blocker", "run blocker", "balanced", "zone blocker", or "big mauler" set as the team's scheme for that position. It's a very small sample, but I find it interesting he upgraded the same stats regardless of what was set in the team's scheme.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I've noticed it too. I actually kind of like it that way. Because if the guy is later traded/released to a team with slightly different scheme, it won't cause an imbalance for the player.

I actually think for the firs time the CPU does a decent job
Old 04-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
Rookie

I do also. I just noticed it when, after moving my offensive linemen around, their player type would change (usually to either run blocker or big mauler) and would stop upgrading their pass blocking as a result. I play coach mode and used auto progress to keep player progression fair, but didn't pay close attention to what exact attributes were being increased; until I moved my linemen around. I have Stafford at QB and, with an injury rating of 76, have to keep him upright. I still don't get why he's rated 76 injury anyway. He's played multiple, complete seasons without a single injury since his freak injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »