Home

MVP 2004 Throwing in Madden would add much needed balance

This is a discussion on MVP 2004 Throwing in Madden would add much needed balance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2004, 07:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MVP 2004 Throwing in Madden would add much needed balance

This is a good idea, but it would be kind of difficult to put into Madden.Its good because it does puts the responsibilty on the human to make more accurate throws.Also, having a quarterback with not so good accuracy, gives you more room for error with the a passing meter.But in contrast, I would you determine the ball delivery.Weather the ball would be thrown hard, lob, or a little bit of touch.Dont u think, as u r busy focusing on the meter, u pay less attention 2 the timing on receviers routes and position of defenders.Therefore, throwing bad passes.Maybe there will be a way 2 be more responsible 4 passing accuracy.This could be the way of doing it or maybe its not, only time will tell.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

good idea but having a meter for the qb would just take too long. Footballs a much faster sport than baseball. By the time youve lined up the icons you already would be sacked.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #11
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

sounds like a good idea but it needs to be polished up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2004, 09:54 AM   #12
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

I totally agree football is an extremely fast sport. Especially at the quarterback position. I played it at every level through college. I dont think the meter would slow down game play at all.What do u mean lining up the meter if ur throwing to X you just press X meter goes ------> if u dont time it before the end chances are you will throw a duck then the meter comes back <------- to decide if your duck will be accurate if you played mvp this year this is very fluid, fast and simple.And If tackles blocked ends right the extra .25 of a second it would take to throw with the meter might actually lend itself to realistic sack totals. 2 Glaring holes for me with madden is qb play(not nearly enough human error and variables invovled) and defensively the only way to dominate is maybe running 3-4 plays the whole game. Defensively, Personnel makes little difference in madden and it should make all the difference. My online record was 101-32 so I'm not complaining because I lose. I see the need for changes because gameplay wise Madden 93' still holds its own against 04' and in this era of gaming that shouldn't happen.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:44 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

USF11 said:2 Glaring holes for me with madden is qb play(not nearly enough human error and variables invovled) and defensively the only way to dominate is maybe running 3-4 plays the whole game. Defensively, Personnel makes little difference in madden and it should make all the difference.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

*** In Troy Maglure from the Simpsons voice***

Hi, I'm Gooberstabone. You may recognize me from such forums as ESPN NFL Football. Please, hold your tomatoes.

I bought ESPN this year, enjoy it a lot, but am always willing to play the game that I think is best each year. I only buy one game.

Anyway, those are definitely my main problems with Madden. That plus the money plays/ Super teams. To me the best way to address this is not necessarily a throwing meter (which is pretty cool), but separate pass accuracy ratings. Rate QB's on Short Passes (under 10 yds.) Medium Passes (10-20 yds.) and Long Passes (over 20 yds). And ACTUALLY HAVE THE RATINGS MEAN SOMETHING.

This would force you to play to the strengths of your QB and run your offense accordingly.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:03 PM   #14
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't think ratings will work alone. There has to be a human gameplay element in direct relation to the ratings.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

USF11 said:
I don't think ratings will work alone. There has to be a human gameplay element in direct relation to the ratings.

Absolutely. I agree. I guess I want my cake and eat it too.

One of my main complaints with Madden is that sometimes I don't feel in control, but instead more controlled by the CPU AI. Yet at the same time, I want that CPU AI to be good! I guess that's what we all want.

The two could work in tandem. Although I want to be in control, I'm just afraid that people will get soooo good using the meter, that they have weak QB's routinely outplaying good ones.

Come to think of it, maybe that's not so bad. But on the other hand, take basketball for instance. Bear with me... Just because I can master the free throw meter, I shouldn't be able to have Shaq lead the lead in FT %.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes, I think that built-in constraints are sometimes necessary to keep the game realistic. That being said, the built-in 20% rule for fourth down conversions drives me nuts!

Again, I guess you can't have it both ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #16
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

8bit said:
good idea but having a meter for the qb would just take too long. Footballs a much faster sport than baseball. By the time youve lined up the icons you already would be sacked.

*nods* Everything about this idea sounds great, but in my opinion, this statement shoots it down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »